1. Not like it changes anything, but we are obligated to inform you that we are using cookies - so, we just did. Learn More.
  2. Hey you! Yeah, we see you there, lurking! Well, this notice is just to let you know that there's several sections of the website that are available to members only! You're missing out on a lot of stuff by not signing up for an account! It's free, so what have you got to lose?
    Dismiss Notice

Hero for Hire

Discussion in 'Your Projects & Websites' started by Veronica Mihai, May 13, 2017.

?
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. Veronica Mihai

Veronica Mihai Just signed up

Achievements:
    Address:
    Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    Hello everyone,

I am planning on getting involved as a volunteer into a humanitarian project aimed at helping homeless street performers make a living out of their art. Any suggestion on how to best approach this ? Any of you street performers ? I'd love to get some insights from you. So please reach out.
    Thank you,

Veronica

Attached Files:

2. Whereamiwhatdoido

Whereamiwhatdoido Celebrated Poster

Achievements:
    Address:
    Randers, Central Jutland, Denmark
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +147 / -1
    I like the approach you're taking with the phone app, and seeing there's quite a lot of street performers around European big cities I do believe you could have success and turn some life's over for the better.
    Nonetheless, my guess is that the travelling community isn't really interested in making their street performance anything more than a means to fund their travels, of course it doesn't apply to everyone out there. But sure if they can get one day, paid gigs I'm sure that most would have interest, but as to "making a living" I just understand being able to pay rent, have a home etc. etc.

You often see these "statues" standing around in public spaces all around Europe, these men might be homeless, but I don't know if they're really performing - as making something artistic, except from dressing up and standing still.

• Like Like x 1
  3. otch0z

otch0z Hungry for Knowledge

Achievements:
    Address:
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    I'm a street musician but I met one of these "statues"... You have to have skills and it's super tiring to stay still for long... These guys are definitely street performers !

I agree with you on the fact that while I was traveling I saw my street performances as a way to make a bitta' money to keep traveling. I wasn't anywhere long enough to, say, "throw a career". But yeah, paid gigs might be a thing, as well as restaurants/bars that allow you to play and you can "pass the hat" at the end (not sure for that expression, might be french, anyway you can ask people for money after the show)
    I guess the world would be a much better place if people were more connected, for example if restaurant/bar owners knew the street musicians... We can help each other

• Like Like x 1