1. Not like it changes anything, but we are obligated to inform you that we are using cookies - so, we just did. Learn More.
  2. This website is in no way involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers in the Black Market. These boards are only meant as a means for users to sell, trade, and buy goods, and we accept no responsibility for the legality, safety, accuracy, or legitimacy of the items listed on the Black Market board. Since we cannot guarantee that a buyer or seller will complete a transaction, both parties accept full responsibility for any transactions transpiring through the message boards. Now imagine a world where we don't need to say this shit.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey you! Yeah, we see you there, lurking! Well, this notice is just to let you know that there's several sections of the website that are available to members only! You're missing out on a lot of stuff by not signing up for an account! It's free, so what have you got to lose?
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, this notice is just to let you know that we periodically remove threads in the Black Market area that have had no responses in the past year. This way you can be assured the listings here are (relatively) fresh!

Hennessy Hammock & USMC Bivy for sale

Discussion in 'The Black Market' started by wildwerden, Apr 28, 2017.

1. wildwerden

wildwerden Celebrated Poster

Achievements:
    travelling beekeeper
    View on map:
    My Website(s):
    Ratings:
    +97 / -3
    I'm switching/simplifying my shelter system. My dog hates the hammock so I haven't used it in a while. I haven't used the bivy once either so I'd rather sell it and put the money towards my next shelter.

Hennessy Hammock Explorer Deluxe Asym Classic
    Classic bottom entry with velcro closure.
    Height Limit: 7' tall / 213 cm
    Weight Limit: 300 lbs / 136 kg
    Packed Weight: 3 lb 3 oz / 1450 g
    Packed Size: 5" x 8" x 12"
    Hammock Fabric: 140 D oxford nylon
    Bottom Fabric Dimensions: 130" x 59"
    Mesh: 30D No-See-Um netting
    Suspending Ropes: 10' long 2100 lb. test low-stretch polyester core ropes with polyester cover
    Color: Bark (Greyish, Brownish Green)

I do not currently have the stuff sack or rainfly that is usually included. They are packed away in storage in NY but I can mail them to you in June if you really want them for some reason. The rainfly is super tiny and shitty, yr better off getting a bigger and cheap tarp. Includes snakeskins for easy packing (pro tip: fold the snake skins back to catch the rain from dripping down the hammock onto you). Hammock is in good condition, a little minor wear but no gaping tears or holes. Netting has a few tiny snags but not big enough for a mosquito to get through. For more information: click here. Brand new, these hammocks are $175 on Amazon. I'm asking $125, not including shipping. I'm guessing shipping may be $5-15 bucks depending where yr at and how fast ya need it.

USMC Bivy Sack
    I bought this bag off eBay and never once used it outside. It has a bug net over the face which is a huge upgrade over the older bivys. This bug net has a small tear in the screen, it came like that, and should be easy to repair, either with duct tape or a screen repair kit thing. Coyote brown in color. I made a thread about it here. It's got some really good reviews by some of the members here. I'm asking for $75, not including shipping, which again, should be between $5-15 depending on where yr at and how fast you need it.
    Shoot me a PM if yr interested. Let me know yr zipcode so we can figure out shipping.

• Like Like x 3
  2. OutsideYourWorld

OutsideYourWorld Celebrated Poster

Featured Threads:
    Achievements:
    Forestry (tree planting mostly), other hobo stuff
    City:
    Vancouver
    State:
    BC
    View on map:
    My Website(s):
    Ratings:
    +264 / -0
    Just curious, why didn't you try out that USMC bivy? You seemed pretty excited about it before!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ruckrambler

ruckrambler is getting to know the place
    StP Supporter

Achievements:
    Line Cook
    City:
    Thunder Bay
    State:
    ON
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    Hello! I'm looking to try out one of those bivy bags this Spring, could you please message me if it is still available? I would like to discuss payment/shipping options and also I'm wondering about the condition of the bivy, is the bug netting mostly intact or does it have some rips? I tried to send you a PM but I guess I can't due to your privacy settings, let me know! Love and thanks from Canada!

4. OP
    wildwerden

wildwerden Celebrated Poster

Achievements:
    travelling beekeeper
    View on map:
    My Website(s):
    Ratings:
    +97 / -3
    @OutsideYourWorld Good question. I ended up snatching a Tarptent for cheap and I like how much more space there is... and it's half the weight of the bivy.

@ruckrambler Did you read my post? I described the condition of the bivy, it's in great condition. I haven't used it outdoors at all. I bought it off eBay and it looks unused to me, nearly brand new. The mesh net does have two small tears that should be easy to repair. Clear/duct tape or cut up some mesh and glue it on. I'll try to attach some pics soon. I'll PM you too, not airw why you can't PM me? Shouldn't be private? I'll look into that thanks for the heads up.

Edited cause I'm on my tiny phone with big clumsy thumbs.

#4 wildwerden, Apr 30, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2017