meadow brown

Lurker
Hometown
vermont
Website
hellopoetry.com
hi i'm meadow! i'
i'm 18 years old i'm new on this website. i'd really like some traveler friends! i want to hear all about your adventures and travels and journeys. what was your best experience on the road?

add me on facebook!!

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Hometown
Austin, TX
Website
youtube.com
hey meadow! what's vermont like? i've only been there once, but i did spend a fall over in NH (londonderry). where you wanna go? what do you want to do? how you wanna get there?

that one guy

Playful asshole
Banned
Hometown
livingston, texas
Hi, can't help it (geography based truly) I'm over in maine.Do you want friends or travel advice?
What are your intentions? I'm so curious.

OP
meadow brown

meadow brown

Lurker
Hometown
vermont
Website
hellopoetry.com
hey meadow! what's vermont like? i've only been there once, but i did spend a fall over in NH (londonderry). where you wanna go? what do you want to do? how you wanna get there?
vermonts strange, it has a very unique culture to it. but so beautiful. i spent the past three months travelling around the state very in depth, backpacking, and doing work trades with farmers for a place to stay with five other road dawgs. but the season for it ended and i've settled down & im gonna winter it out here and work a mundane office job until i have money / security to venture out
my goal is to go to asheville and then out west to colorado. most likely . gonna live out of a car. gonna bring instruments to busk for money in places we stop to see.
Hi, can't help it (geography based truly) I'm over in maine.Do you want friends or travel advice?
What are your intentions? I'm so curious.
friends !! :)

that one guy

Playful asshole
Banned
Hometown
livingston, texas
18 and so eager, whats wrong with your home network? really just pining to reach out to the underbelly of society here aren't you?

OP
meadow brown

meadow brown

Lurker
Hometown
vermont
Website
hellopoetry.com
18 and so eager, whats wrong with your home network? really just pining to reach out to the underbelly of society here aren't you?
its a complicated story haha. dont judge

that one guy

Playful asshole
Banned
Hometown
livingston, texas
oh no, no we won't judge you here (least we're not supposed to) I've just been around a while, I notice things that others can't even comprehend, next poster will try and change the subject.
Ever left the east coast?

OP
meadow brown

meadow brown

Lurker
Hometown
vermont
Website
hellopoetry.com
oh no, no we won't judge you here (least we're not supposed to) I've just been around a while, I notice things that others can't even comprehend, next poster will try and change the subject.
Ever left the east coast?
nah, not yet. i'm fairly new to travelling- i started the day after i turned 15. so it's been about three years, on and off. i've gone south and back several times. but never out west because i never had connections out there until now!! ii have a lot tmore to learn about travelling (theres always so much to learn) , but i feel ready, and i'll have my roaddog to help me and keep me company :)

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Hometown
Earth
Website
www.youtube.com
yes, a bat cave in vermont, it used to be a quarry then it was abandoned. bats occupied it then they all die out so it's just a place i go to every now and then to smoke weed and hike
Bats, caves, weed, hiking... this is all good.

Anyway welcome to STP.
Matt's set up a pretty good resource here with plenty of info helping different travelers... from great personal stories to solid info in the library section.
I see you plan to do the car thing. We have a section here for rubber-tramping you can check for tips.
Also... it's been mentioned before and if you haven't yet check out cheaprvliving, great site for practical info on car/rv living.
Lot of great tips and so forth.
Right O...
Be safe in your travels.

OP
meadow brown

meadow brown

Lurker
Hometown
vermont
Website
hellopoetry.com
Bats, caves, weed, hiking... this is all good.

Anyway welcome to STP.
Matt's set up a pretty good resource here with plenty of info helping different travelers... from great personal stories to solid info in the library section.
I see you plan to do the car thing. We have a section here for rubber-tramping you can check for tips.
Also... it's been mentioned before and if you haven't yet check out cheaprvliving, great site for practical info on car/rv living.
Lot of great tips and so forth.
Right O...
Be safe in your travels.
thanks so much brother

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$55.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $55.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $55.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $55.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Any tips for losing weight while confined to basically just a box?
heading to NM from El Paso, need to get health insurance, out of the corona-virus homeless people get ignored bullshit currently happening in TX. used to be on this site before, nice to meet y'all.
This COVID-19 pandemic is horseshit.
Day 20: My bolilo roll is finna make me act up.

I'm willing to try it again this Friday morning... It's not an auto rack, it's something better! I still need to see what I am up against...
> 6' away from Juan During
Juan Derlust wrote on MFB's profile.
Truism #348:
If it wasn't for these loose ends I'd have it all wrapped up...
MFB
Elevation! Getting HIGH! (I am thinking my gopro died, for some reason I didnt get a 360 from the summit)
I think your buddy Bukowski put it best Sundays kill more men than bombs

Members online