hello world!

N

nekesaurio

Hello everyone!

I heard about StP about a year ago and I've been following the forums for a couple weeks so I finally decided I should introduce myself! I live in southern Spain and always loved traveling, camping and outdoors living... so naturally I ended up here!!

I hope to share things I find interesting, pics of my travels and lowcost traveling tips with you guys :)

K

Kim Chee

Welcome, fellow human.

Southern Spain sounds pretty sweet.

Are there many inhabitable structures in southern spain a person or people could inhabit and farm long term?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i'm curious if you know anything about the squatting scene out there? also, nice to see more people from outside the usa on StP! do you have any advice for those interested in traveling through spain?

Haystack

Reaction score
Welcome!

Always cool to see people from other parts of the world contribute to the forum. Just curious, how did you hear about StP?

N

nekesaurio

thank you guys!

Are there many inhabitable structures in southern spain a person or people could inhabit and farm long term?
You could find some structures where you can set a rave or sneak a couple days but it would be hard to stay long time and farm, but people rent small pieces of land (about 20-50 square meters) with water but no electricity to farm, but I guess you could set up a tent and spend there some time :)

i'm curious if you know anything about the squatting scene out there? also, nice to see more people from outside the usa on StP! do you have any advice for those interested in traveling through spain?
squatting is a controversial topic over here, specially in big cities like Madrid or Barcelona where they are trying to legalize it, but in big cities you can usually find an occupied building ("casa okupa" in spanish if you happen to be here and wanna ask to find one) used as a social center where they organize parties, workshops, etc.. but for squatting I would recommend southern Italy, I lived in Palermo (Sicily) two years ago and they are terribly well organized and there's a big squatting/hitchhiking culture!

Just curious, how did you hear about StP?
I found an article about a photographer called Molly Steele and the "instagram hobbos" where StP and Matt were mentioned :)

• Useful
Reactions: Matt Derrick

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads