Hello World [ a lame ass introduction ] (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 27764

I deleted myself
After reading Matt's Welcome Message, I figured I may as well introduce myself to this community. My current occupation is being a miserable student (gotta make ma and pa proud) with no actual game plan for the future. With the stress of school and the fact I'm at a point where I'm constantly questioning what the fuck I'm doing with my life, I decided to procrastinate on the web. Eventually I found this site along with many other train hopping videos and I thought HOW COOL!!! So I signed up like the wannabe vagabond punk that I am (in case y'all couldn't tell from the username) and hope to eventually go on some adventures like the rest of y'all because FUCK LIFE THAT'S WHY !!! But seriously, I am planning to go on some type of journey before I'm forced to settle down. Hopefully I can learn some stuff from you guys and get inspired by what y'all do. And maybe MAYBE one day I'll be able to share a story of my own. Welp, that's all I have for now. See ya !

- Miriam <3

P.S. I'm from Dallas. TEXAS PRIDE !!!

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!
Similar threads

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$70.75
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $70.75 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $70.75 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $70.75 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Bent123 wrote on iamwhatiam's profile.
I read your story last month about working in Alaska. I got a job in Naknek this summer. Definitely can get how it felt like jail. I fear it's really going to feel that way with this virus. We can't go into town. I'm not very happy about that since it will limit my exploring. Yet I really need the opportunity right now. Anymore advice is much appreciated.
Anyone been to Thailand or know anything about Thailand? Going in September and have absolutely no plans yet, open to suggestions!
Cincy, somehow is full of kids last year or so, like it.
Last week i took some trains i ain't rode in a while. Sparks->elko->green river->cheyenne->denver->amarillo->belen
I did some really important tweaking of the navigation menu on StP today. It should be significantly easier for mobile users to get around :)
Anyone in Chicago?!? Just rolled into town, next stop Minneapolis
Hey all, peace from a mostly retired road dog and now sober husband and father. Spent my youth hitching and tramping around the west primarily, Durango, mesa verde, Quartzsite, Laramie,Lander also Cincinnati, Philly, Detroit, Alabama, florida, Washington etc. Mostly lurking, keeping up on news and thinking about future destinations. Thanks for reading
Ridin' dirty face all day, playa playyyy
My New Backpack Review! Love this Pack!

Members online

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$70.75
Goal
$100.00

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
The Ellusive Mr S