Hello wonderful

Crucial

Reaction score
I am crucial. I'm a 30 y/o UF grad living on the gulf coast of FL with itchy feet. I am very adept at living a solo subsistence lifestyle and had my first taste of this 'beautiful harmony' more than ten years ago when Ocala national forest was my home for four months. I succumbed to the pull of expectations from family and made a legitimate try to survive anchored in Pinellas County FL having opened a successful business as a tree and landscape entrepreneur. It is becoming painfully more and more obvious as the days, months, and years go by that living for loved ones and prioritizing appropriate budgeting in life is not how I am meant to live. I can't say I honestly know how I was meant to live but I know that the closest I've come to feeling like that blissful comfort of 'everything is going to be alright now' is when I am disconnected from the everyday consumer lifestyle. Therefore, I packed a 'flee' sack and have left it next to the front door to give myself the peace of that option as I pass it to go out and live how I'm not made to.

I'm ready to take off now after months of careful planning. There was no planning in terms of destination but there was planning in terms of how I'm going to leave this lifestyle behind and search for something deeper. I know I prefer to travel through undeveloped terrains with my being near to infrastructure of modern America out of sight. I have routed out my exodus from Florida through private and public undeveloped land as my highway.

I came across this website and have loved what I have found here so far. A companion would be outstandinger than hell and my expectations for duration and quality of companionship are non-existent. I graduated college with a degree in Anthropology and that education as well as my personality makes it very difficult to find someone I can't get along with or try to understand in a loving manner. I have learned much from this sight and as I prepare for departure I plan on absorbing as much information as I can from StP to take with me as I travel.

So thank you all for being part of this wonderful community and allowing me to join you here.

All is harmonious,
Crucial

angerisagift

Reaction score
I am crucial. I'm a 30 y/o UF grad living on the gulf coast of FL with itchy feet. I am very adept at living a solo subsistence lifestyle and had my first taste of this 'beautiful harmony' more than ten years ago when Ocala national forest was my home for four months. I succumbed to the pull of expectations from family and made a legitimate try to survive anchored in Pinellas County FL having opened a successful business as a tree and landscape entrepreneur. It is becoming painfully more and more obvious as the days, months, and years go by that living for loved ones and prioritizing appropriate budgeting in life is not how I am meant to live. I can't say I honestly know how I was meant to live but I know that the closest I've come to feeling like that blissful comfort of 'everything is going to be alright now' is when I am disconnected from the everyday consumer lifestyle. Therefore, I packed a 'flee' sack and have left it next to the front door to give myself the peace of that option as I pass it to go out and live how I'm not made to.

I'm ready to take off now after months of careful planning. There was no planning in terms of destination but there was planning in terms of how I'm going to leave this lifestyle behind and search for something deeper. I know I prefer to travel through undeveloped terrains with my being near to infrastructure of modern America out of sight. I have routed out my exodus from Florida through private and public undeveloped land as my highway.

I came across this website and have loved what I have found here so far. A companion would be outstandinger than hell and my expectations for duration and quality of companionship are non-existent. I graduated college with a degree in Anthropology and that education as well as my personality makes it very difficult to find someone I can't get along with or try to understand in a loving manner. I have learned much from this sight and as I prepare for departure I plan on absorbing as much information as I can from StP to take with me as I travel.

So thank you all for being part of this wonderful community and allowing me to join you here.

All is harmonious,
Crucial
i lived in Fl most my life .east coast thou (brevard county). Ocala forest is cool .really like Alexander Springs and such. GL on yr adventure

Reactions: Kal

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Wow - you are awesome! Welcome!!! Do enjoy the website and all your researching on the traveling community!!! I love the urban exploration myself - we have a nice subforum here on that - but do look out on the internet for more of that stuff too. Check out Facebook as well - hit dirty kids area. Go have fun and be safe!!! But do check in and let us know how you are doing and where you are - pics most welcome!

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Nomad Missionary & Tree Hugging Jesus Freak
Reaction score
Welcome!

Florida native, here. From Orlando, currently (for the past 21 years) living in the Tampa bay area.

Not traveling (yet) too much to do here with my outreach program for us Bohemians and free spirits, but hope to take my Center on the road, one day!

Best of luck and be safe!

Peace!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads