Hello StP, this is my introduction!

ntdxc1878

Reaction score
While I have been on this site for a bit now, I had never made an introduction post until now. I am from Atlanta, currently residing in North Carolina for school. I guess on the surface I seem like the typical young kid who doesn't want to quit school and not work. In reality, I have had a deep fascination with the vagabond lifestyle for many years, and I have spent almost 3 years researching for my travels. I have done small weekend trainhopping trips when I can, and I am going to go on the road permanently this summer and drop out of college. I am here to learn more about how I can be safer on my travels and enjoy them more, and also to give any advice I can from my limited experience. As for my free time, I enjoy sports, reading a good book, drinking when can get a hold of something, and hiking. This site and its users are awesome!

Billy Cougar White

Reaction score
Welcome to StP. Glad you like it here, its a fun community of like minded peeps. I hope the new year brings you many safe travels.

Reactions: ntdxc1878

Applelatchun

Reaction score
Hey man and welcome! Lots of good reading here, you just have to dig in. I can tell you from experience that you should try to keep as low-key as possible when you have something to drink. Try to avoid crowds. I too, enjoy drinking. But I would suggest that you try keeping as low-key as possible while in an inebriated state of mind. While shit can go bad only about 10-15% of the time, that's still a huge percentage when you're living life on the road. Other than that, cheers!

Reactions: LTD 85

ntdxc1878

Reaction score
Hey man and welcome! Lots of good reading here, you just have to dig in. I can tell you from experience that you should try to keep as low-key as possible when you have something to drink. Try to avoid crowds. I too, enjoy drinking. But I would suggest that you try keeping as low-key as possible while in an inebriated state of mind. While shit can go bad only about 10-15% of the time, that's still a huge percentage when you're living life on the road. Other than that, cheers!
Will definitely be careful. Thanks for the help!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads