Hello StP, nice to meet your all

borek921

Reaction score
Hi folks. I'm new here, but glad to have found this community and wanted to say hello. I'm from Poland but have lived in the Netherlands for past 5 years. Not gonna lie, I'm kinda bummed to see that this forum is like 95% US centric but hey, no biggie. I'm sure there's loads of valuable conversations to have and tips to learn and share that apply worldwide! I wish you all good health and safe travels!

PS. Here's my filthy mug with a nice life note.

_nc_ohc=KYafz9VIthMAX8o3X35&_nc_ht=scontent-ams4-1.jpg

borek921

Reaction score
Hellos ^-^ nice to see u too. How you like Netherlands?

It's alright but it gives off kinda mixed signals. It's a very controlling country despite how liberal they try to appear. With legal pot and hallucinogenic truffles on one hand, they track everything and like to keep everything strangely clean on the other hand. There are no homeless on the streets, anywhere. No stray animals. After king's day when whole country parties like crazy and you are knee deep in plastic cups, the very next morning everything is like nothing ever happened. Creepy. Weather is very England-like but overall if you play ball the life here is pretty comfortable and affordable. The Dutch are all very polite and smiling most of the time when they talk with clients, they give a lot of leeway when you're overdue with payments etc. But like I said they like to keep an eye on things. My gf had two meetings, like 6 months apart with some municipality folks regarding her ex husband that was from Iraq and they had to jump through hoops to let him stay there. And these ladies were writing down every little detail to make sure you're not changing your story.
It's illegal here to NOT have a health insurance, you must have one. It's illegal to sleep outside even if you want to. It's illegal to even live in a van or a camper. Only on campsites. You must have a registered address. Yeah but as I said if you play ball, it's pretty good for you.

Reactions: Ynwdwndrr

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads