Hello! Sorta new to the road... | Squat the Planet

Hello! Sorta new to the road...

Reaction score
Hi!
I'm chris
I am sort of new to travelling..I signed up on here not too long ago while I was housed up in san diego. I abandoned my profile because I ended up getting homesick and tried to set roots here in my native detro so i could be close to family. Things didnt go so well here, so i am leaving this place for good. Currently, i am jobless and broke and been screwed over by family. Ive decided there is nothing here for me anymore. Im glad detroit is on the rise and all, but this town never really felt mine. Especially after finding out i dont have to stay here forever.

I am going to hit the road again to lose my self, find myself, and to find a place that I can truly call home. A place where I can work on my craft in peace, gain knowledge, meet kindred spirits and, I dunno, maybe find love? Become a writer...act in plays.
Im probably hitching or finding a ride out east and if nothing feels right, then ill start heading out west and southwards for winter. Last time I took busses straight shot out. This time I am hitching (my black ass and a guitar and backpack) and catching rides.

A bit about me:
-I am a very shitty guitarist, but i am getting better, more so since now i busk for cash to get by. I like indie rock, some alternative, some folk.
-I am friendly and nice, but a bit dark from growing up in the hood and having a very topsy turvy life.
Depression never helps. Around the right people, I can be very silly though, and i still like to have a good time.
-I am socially aware, and I like to think about interactions between people...almost to the point of philosophy. I have strong opinions and questions about life sometimes, not concrete though. I try to keep them to myself.
-I like herb.
-I really want to drown myself in creativity.

Thank you for reading my post, and i wish you all good times on your travels! If you have any tips....PLEASE FEEL FREE TO HIT ME UP!

sorry about the long post..

Shaggy Rogers

Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan. Just keep a positive additude towards people and eventually you'll find someone that will help you a lil bit. Us Squatters are everywhere, just remember when the time comes to help another out. I'm in North Georgia btw, hmu you need a place. You ever thought about putting your playing on YouTube? You could put som of your creativity out there and maybe even make a dollar or two.

Reactions: CaptainMidnight
Reaction score
Tips? Keep writing - without apology; you said what you had to without overdoing it. Also, it's ok to share your ideas (& why we have language in the first place). Creativity can be a good way to transform ugliness into beauty, darkness into light, etc. If your guitar-playing is half as good as your writing, then it's probably all right. You already know all this, so what am I rambling about? Good luck & report back what you find out!

Thank you! That is some encouraging words...i really appreciate it! Im still in research phase right now...ill update here soon.

Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan. Just keep a positive additude towards people and eventually you'll find someone that will help you a lil bit. Us Squatters are everywhere, just remember when the time comes to help another out. I'm in North Georgia btw, hmu you need a place. You ever thought about putting your playing on YouTube? You could put som of your creativity out there and maybe even make a dollar or two.
I have thought about posting on youtube, but i doubt my playing is anywhere near profitable yet. I will stay positive sir! Thank you for the advice!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads