Hello (Shellhead's Intro)

Shellhead

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I came across this site yesterday, after following a link from another forum. After browsing this site and seeing the wealth of info posted, I decided to join.

About me: I'm from a small town in the American south, currently working a job I hate, fed up with wasting my one mortal life working for others, making them rich while I barely get by. That said, I'm working towards a future I can enjoy, one where I can indulge in my hobbies and enjoy all that life has to offer.

Over the past few years I have developed an interest in living a minimalist lifestyle, off-grid, and escaping from the rat race that is modern society. I've read multiple forums and watched countless videos about disengaging fro society and living off grid. One thing that stuck with me was the inner peace that people have when they do this- living life on their terms, not confined to wasting their life working jobs they hate, to pay for material crap they don't need. After hearing these stories, I have decided to obtain this level of peace for myself.

My two biggest passions are music (listening to and making it) and comic books (reading comics, and creating my own). I also enjoy video games, however my interest in them has somewhat declined over the last couple of years (they just don't make them like they used to). Back in 2013, I go into the hobby of learning to play musical instruments. I was in college at the time, so I had to start cheap- fortunately ukuleles and harmonicas are low cost, yet high quality.

My biggest goal in life is to be able to self publish my own works, and use the money from that to travel. Australia, Japan, Russia, Easter Island, and South America rank highest on my list of places I'd like to go someday, and I intend to fulfill this dream before I die.

As for my username and avatar, I like animals, with armadillos in particular being one of my favorite species.

I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can on this site, and hope to be able to contribute whatever I can.

Peace out.

Hobo Mud

Reaction score
Welcome to STP. Sounds like you have one hell of a adventure waiting to unfold.... Safe travles and good luck.

Reactions: Shellhead

Shellhead

Reaction score
Apologies for the late replies.

So do you have a plan for "separation" from your job and current lifestyle?

My plan at the moment is to both:

1.) Get my CDL later this year, which will help me to get a better paying job
2.) Start work on some novels and webcomics I hope to publish over the next few years, which should hopefully provide some extra income

Once I get a better source of income, I'll have more freedom to pursue my interests in traveling.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads