1. Not like it changes anything, but we are obligated to inform you that we are using cookies - so, we just did. Learn More.
  2. Hey you! Yeah, we see you there, lurking! Well, this notice is just to let you know that there's several sections of the website that are available to members only! You're missing out on a lot of stuff by not signing up for an account! It's free, so what have you got to lose?
    Dismiss Notice

Hello! New member from Ontario

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by CDNhop, Jul 16, 2017.

1. CDNhop

CDNhop Just signed up

Achievements:
    City:
    Toronto
    State:
    ON
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    Hi, my name's Jay, 32 years old and live in Mississauga Ontario. Long story short, I work fulltime in the trades, hop freight trains on the weekends. I'm wanting to leave my safety net behind next spring and travel Canada for a few months, mostly by rail but really by any means. I've driven across Canada 3 times now, hitchhiked one of those times. Done a ton of wilderness camping and not afraid to dumpster dive or fly a sign. If you have any advice on long term travel on a major budget, possible summer work in BC, story's from the road, I wanna hear it. Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  2. sd40chef

sd40chef One of the Regulars

Achievements:
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +110 / -1
    sounds like you are ready for it. go for it. lots of work. depends if you are into farm stuff, trade stuff, im not sure but lots of work for sure.
    traveling on a budget, sounds like you know how to.
    stories, too many to think of specific examples. hehe...all the best....