Hello! New Jersey twenty-something looking to hit the road in a years time | Squat the Planet

Hello! New Jersey twenty-something looking to hit the road in a years time

D

deleted23540

Hello everyone! I'm a young twenty-something who plans on hitting the road (with a car) in about a year - mid next September. Found out about this site from a Tall Sam Jones on Reddit. Can't wait to meet people and learn some wisdom in the year I have until I leave.

After a couple failed attempts at college and just working for the past few years, I'm ready to get out there. Been a huge reader my whole life, and always considered myself a reincarnation of a Beat. I have everything Jack Kerouac has ever written. I'm also an avid writer, mostly poetry (Frank O'Hara is my God), with about 40 some poems of mine I consider good. I began submitting to contests this year. Maybe I can win one and have an extra grand for my travels! I plan on using the road for a lot of inspiration. I'm mostly excited to meet strangers in bars across the country.

In the year I have until I get going, I plan on purchasing a decent car (as opposed to the shit car I drove for many years until it finally broke a few months back) that I will take with me West. I have a sister in San Diego, and that's the end goal - I know I wanna hit Philly and Pittsburgh to visit friends, then perhaps Chicago and Detroit. Then down to Denver to meet up with more old friends and experience Denver, and then off to San Francisco. From there, down California to San Diego. I'll be bringing my passport along, as I have backpacked Canada and parts of Mexico and would love to go back to either place. And after learning about the Dirty Scouts Jamboree, I definitely plan on hitting 2019's.

So there's a bit about me! Very nice to be here and I look forward to getting to know you all.

OBIWAN616

Reaction score
I dated a chick from NJ, yea can't blame you, I mean there is a hopout in Trenton, also in Easton, there is a side off for IMs WBD

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads