Hello! Looking for friends and possible travel companions | Squat the Planet

Hello! Looking for friends and possible travel companions

J

jennyrae

Hi! I'm Jenny. I'm a curious person who wants to see neat stuff and hang out with neat people.

I have experience traveling by foot in the PNW, I lived outside there for a while and camped, spent a few seasons trimming, farming, and living in intentional communities. I've hitched some, but I'm definitely not an expert.

I've been trying to stay in one place and put down roots, but after experiencing some degree of nomadic life, it just doesn't feel right. Last time I was on the road, I traveled solo. Learning to rely solely on myself was awesome, and I accessed reserves of toughness and determination I didn't know I possessed. However, I eventually returned to 9 to 5-ish life because just wandering around without homies was pretty boring.

I'm looking to head out again; I'd love to find someone/some peoples to travel with. I don't have a particular destination in mind, I'm more interested in the experience. I wouldn't mind hanging out in one place for a little while/doing seasonal work. Also wouldn't mind walking around and going on quests.

I like a lot of stuff: music, books, dancing, writing poetry of questionable quality, altering the state of my brainmeats with various substances, etc. I am also kind of bad at describing myself, but I am friendly and would probably like to know you, so, yes. Hi.

~fin~

P

Pnwdude

I also want to get out of my pot, I also have lived in the woods. That was a few years ago and was for 3 months in oregon, not on foot but out of an old jeep, I loved it and I haven't really seen much and I'm getting older and life is short, wanna break free and just live, kinda scared though.. Current events have really put things into overdrive and my stuff is already packed just need to sell some things to cut the ties to some possesions..

J

jennyrae

I also want to get out of my pot, I also have lived in the woods. That was a few years ago and was for 3 months in oregon, not on foot but out of an old jeep, I loved it and I haven't really seen much and I'm getting older and life is short, wanna break free and just live, kinda scared though.. Current events have really put things into overdrive and my stuff is already packed just need to sell some things to cut the ties to some possesions..

I'm also a little nervous to set out again, but I know that when I do I'll be much happier. Have been working customer service for too long and the emotional labor involved has taken its toll on me. What are you interested in seeing/doing?

P

Pnwdude

I really have no clue, I know that different landscapes is a must, as well as hiking and fishing, I prefer remote areas away from people and the noises, at first I would be driving then possibly ditch/sell the vehicle and continue to wherever the flows lead me, really just tired, it seems every time I try to better my life some stick slams into my spokes and over I go, sounds negative and it is but I know that it leaves me to think about what I'm doing with this one short life that we are gifted, I honestly don't have to do this but if i want different I gotta do different..

D

Deleted member 16034

I second what Maci asked. There's a lot of people out on the road who love traveling with others so you found the right place to be.

JeikBueno

Reaction score
I'm down to travel in the near future with someone who is nice & wont rob/murder me. I've been all over New England & Upstate New York, but i deffinitely want to set my sights on Pennsylvania. A friend of mine was traveling out there & showed me some incredible photos of all the woods & abandoned forgotten places. I'm currently in Rhode Island but i'm gearing up & getting ready to hit the road again. If your ever around the Ocean State hmu cause I know this state like the back of my hand.

Attachments

• IMG_0246.JPG
    IMG_0246.JPG
    175.2 KB · Views: 205
  • 16903377_10212600001703529_2419119923504186416_o.jpg
    16903377_10212600001703529_2419119923504186416_o.jpg
    571.8 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_9460.JPG
    IMG_9460.JPG
    644.7 KB · Views: 256
  • 13467288_10154978070602942_1196689017_o (2).jpg
    13467288_10154978070602942_1196689017_o (2).jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 227

Gypsy McNomad

Reaction score
Hey jeik that tunnel photo looks real familiar, you happen to know my boy ryan? Ran a page called abandoned dreams? Guessing that's the east side tunnel.. I'm down to roll out of the 401 maybe meet up with Jenny and see where life takes us? Im sick of the 9to5 myself and bored with RI..

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads