Hello from Northern Germany

bicycle

Reaction score
Hello STP Folks,

As I just found the forum it seems a good idea to introduce myself a little bit.

I am a 22 year old male living in northern Germany at the moment.
Born in a country far away to the east we immigrated to the Netherlands when I was still a very little child.
I lived in Netherlands for almost 17 years or so. Several provinces but mainly a 100km above Amsterdam.
At that time I had luck for living somewhere with a extremely strong squatter/punk/alternative scene.
There were punk gigs like 2 or 3 times a week. Lots of HC punk and Crust but also streetpunk.

Our scene was also very diverce becouse it went hand in hand with breakcore tekno and other music. Lots of squat parties and gigs and always fun!
When i was 16 I squatted 2 houses with a friend myself. to help homeless people and put them there.

Unfortunatly over the years the scene there all broke down and basicly now nothing is happening there anymore.
Also it seems that most of the people have left for better places.

Later I start to more visit goa trance parties in squats and outdoor locations in Amsterdam. basicly everything was crazy and got completely out of control.

Then i was sick to death for a while and everything went pretty much out of control.
I spent a year only being at home and after that I left the country to move to Germany.
Where i currenlty reside work and fuck around.

I dont visit punk gigs anymore neither i drink smoke or use other substances.
I work and i rent a room at a friend of mine. and how life goes now it goes fine.

I have a strong love for travel, trains, railroads and urban exploration. Photography, phonography, food reading and watching movies.

It just seems i cant find really people with my interests anymore, so thats why i came here.

So.. Hello ALL!

dont hesitate to PM me, and for folks that come from northern germany also, is really more then welcome! :D

EDIT: oh and btw the photo of my avatar is shot on a rooftop somewhere in Amsterdam by myself. Friend who is standing there.

Apples

Reaction score
Welcome, I'm Apples. Sucks to hear about the scene. From my understanding Germany has had a pretty decent scene (at least with street punk) seeing as a lot of good punk bands are starting to come out of Germany. You like it over there? I've been wanting to travel to Germany for a long time just haven't heard much about it from somebody who actually lives there.

bicycle

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies!

I must say I enjoy Germany but also am annoyed by allot of things.
Each country has its pro's and con's and we must try not to compare countries so much with eachother and enjoy the good things of each country.

Law sucks here however, for "endangering rail traffic" read: trainsurfing, railwalking, trainhopping you can get 10 years of jail here. And entering "private property" is imidiatly tresspassing that can lead 6 months to 1 year in jail. Unlike in the Netherlands where walking the tracks or entering abandoned buildings etc will only give you a 75 euro fine. So basicly that is my largest frustration.

I dont go to punkshows anymore but there are alot of punks here indeed.

However i started to listen recently to bands like skitsystem, wolfpack, sayyadina, antidote, betercore, disturbance, consume, casualties and lots of others again.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads