Hello from England/Jersey Channel Island

Ash Ludd

Reaction score
Hey there, I just signed up to the board.
I'm a 19 year old kid from Jersey Channel Island, a little rock about 15 miles from the west coast of France. We speak English there though. And yeah it's that place where apparently a bunch of kids got abused some time before I was born and where rich people still put all their money so that they don't have to pay any tax.
I don't really like labels but I guess I'm an Anarchist, more to the anarcho-communist side of things. I write songs, mainly acoustic punk songs these days. If you want to hear that then you can on my site http://ashvictim.blogspot.com
I'm from Jersey but for about 6 months I've been living in Basingstoke, trying to find a job but not being successful. I currently just busk for money. I'm thinking when the weather gets warmer I'm going to go travelling, busking along the way for money for food and stuff, hopefully find some cool little friendly towns and punk communities and stuff on my travels.
That's basically all I have to say.
Have a lovely day and if you have any advice you reckon I would benefit from or whatever then let me know :)

landpirate

campervan untilising nomadic traveller
Reaction score
Hey Ash Victim,

If you are sticking in the UK then I can recommend Brighton as a destination as well as Bristol. There are lots of squatters, buskers, activists and bin divers in both.

If you come to Brighton check this place out: http://cowleyclub.org.uk/ you'll find some useful/interesting people there

also you might already know this website but they have some interesting articles and info there: http://www.schnews.org.uk/index.php

hope you are successful at finding a job and then enjoy your travels.

PS. jersey is a beautiful place.

Ash Ludd

Reaction score
Yeah I've heard of the Cowley club, haven't been there yet though, definitely intend to though. I've been to Bristol quite a lot because my dads girlfriend lives there but I haven't really explored it at all, will probably go off and do that next time I'm there and maybe go busking if you don't need to get a permit...
Yeah, Jersey is pretty cool, it's just the people there are quite boring and there's no music scene anymore and every time I want to go and see a band I'd have to pay like £100 for flights to the mainland. I've done the round the island walk a bunch of times which always a good challenge and brilliant scenery.

Ash Ludd

Reaction score
BTW when I say I'm gonna go off travelling I'm thinking of sticking to the UK for this year at least. Might as well explore the country I'm living in and get some experience before going off to other countries!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads