Hello from Canada!

Reaction score
Hi, guys. I initially came across this board while doing research into the best channels to promote a new web-series about crusty kids on and wish I'd found it sooner... like when I was still on the road.

My life has always been almost comically contradictory. I went from being signed to one of the biggest agencies in Toronto to living under a bridge in a manner of months at age 20, from a beachfront mansion to riding freight with a broken leg in the same time span several years later and that's just the beginning. Throughout it all, I planned to share my story and I'm ecstatic that I've finally taken steps towards doing so.

As I mentioned, I initially came here to share NO FIXED ADDRESS (the web-series I created/wrote) with my fellow misfits, but now I'm eager to hear your stories as well.

Excited to explore this community further.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
the show sounds interesting, what stage is it at? writing? pre-production? I'm curious if there's anything out there we can watch from it.

edit: oh, you just posted about that. i'll see what you post in the projects section.

Reactions: Hans
Reaction score
We've posted a proof-of-concept teaser trailer that we applied for grant funding with on YouTube. You can watch it here:

One of our main goals currently is showing the fund that there's a significant market for this type of content, so the more views and shares on the teaser, the better. Getting feedback from anyone, but especially fellow travellers, is also a plus!

You can also follow updates and check out additional content on our social media:

FB, Insta, Twitter @NFAtheseries

We feature several folk punk music acts in the trailer (Jesse Stewart of "Cold Beer" fame and Vancouver-based Skum Shine) and will be posting live music performances from them in the near future.

• Useful
Reactions: Billy Cougar White

Billy Cougar White

Reaction score
Quite a story, I like it. Those well traveled have the best tales of life experienced.

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
Heard of No fixed adress from youtube before! Looks fucking awesome!!

Welcome to StP!
Being associated with Jesse, I'm guessing you're from BC?

LysergicAbreaction

Reaction score
Sounds really cool.

Almost sounds like it could be similar to Penelope Spheeris' "decline of western civilization III" which was a documentary film centered on street youth in los Angeles.

Any way, please keep us posted.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads