Hello from Canada!

Current Location
[email protected]
Hi, guys. I initially came across this board while doing research into the best channels to promote a new web-series about crusty kids on and wish I'd found it sooner... like when I was still on the road.

My life has always been almost comically contradictory. I went from being signed to one of the biggest agencies in Toronto to living under a bridge in a manner of months at age 20, from a beachfront mansion to riding freight with a broken leg in the same time span several years later and that's just the beginning. Throughout it all, I planned to share my story and I'm ecstatic that I've finally taken steps towards doing so.

As I mentioned, I initially came here to share NO FIXED ADDRESS (the web-series I created/wrote) with my fellow misfits, but now I'm eager to hear your stories as well.

Excited to explore this community further.

Reactions: 5 people

Haystack

Wanderer
Current Location
yard1
Welcome to StP! I'll be checking out your web series, thanks for sharing.

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
the show sounds interesting, what stage is it at? writing? pre-production? I'm curious if there's anything out there we can watch from it.

edit: oh, you just posted about that. i'll see what you post in the projects section.

Reactions: Hans
OP
Natalie Catherine
Current Location
[email protected]
We've posted a proof-of-concept teaser trailer that we applied for grant funding with on YouTube. You can watch it here:
One of our main goals currently is showing the fund that there's a significant market for this type of content, so the more views and shares on the teaser, the better. Getting feedback from anyone, but especially fellow travellers, is also a plus!

You can also follow updates and check out additional content on our social media:

FB, Insta, Twitter @NFAtheseries

We feature several folk punk music acts in the trailer (Jesse Stewart of "Cold Beer" fame and Vancouver-based Skum Shine) and will be posting live music performances from them in the near future.

Current Location
Montreal
Heard of No fixed adress from youtube before! Looks fucking awesome!!

Welcome to StP!
Being associated with Jesse, I'm guessing you're from BC?

Wasabi Peas

Current Location
Philadelphia
.....any interest in the history of American hobos? this seems like a parody of sorts which im sure some people will dig....nice cameras tho

Current Location
Denver
Sounds really cool.

Almost sounds like it could be similar to Penelope Spheeris' "decline of western civilization III" which was a documentary film centered on street youth in los Angeles.

Any way, please keep us posted.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Qtravels Introductions 1
Artiom Introductions 2
hobokeegan Introductions 7
msre Introductions 7
Neogodhobo Introductions 2