Hello from Belgium!

alleycat

Reaction score
Hi guys!
I'm Caroline and I live in belgium (europe). I'm here to get some tips, information and maybe meet some people to meet up with. Leaving in September to backpack/freight hop around europe for a year with my bf. Planning on doing a combination of camping out, couchsurfing and workaway. Any fellow european travellers here? I'm planning on visiting the following countries in kinda this order; croatia, romania, poland, france (calais), england (london), ukraine , russia, mongolia, germany (berlin) and maybe some more :)

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Great Intro!!! And welcome aboard here - lots of great info and great people here. Several people there are members here. @Anagor (who I just contacted here) is a regular traveler in your area and is on the road now - hopefully you people can meet up and share stories! Have fun and stay safe!! And take many pics and post them :)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
awesome! we're getting more and more folks from the european region all the time! i don't know much about hopping freight in europe, heard it's pretty hard. try using the search though and see what you find!

alleycat

Reaction score
Great Intro!!! And welcome aboard here - lots of great info and great people here. Several people there are members here. @Anagor (who I just contacted here) is a regular traveler in your area and is on the road now - hopefully you people can meet up and share stories! Have fun and stay safe!! And take many pics and post them :)
Thanks! Yes I will :)

alleycat

Reaction score
awesome! we're getting more and more folks from the european region all the time! i don't know much about hopping freight in europe, heard it's pretty hard. try using the search though and see what you find!
The only people I found who have done it in europe is a group called 'the 4th dimension' (). But we've found some maps so I guess we'll just find out ourselves... Hopefully soon we'll be able to share our experiences about it here!

Reactions: Odin

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Welcome to the website. Sounds like an exciting adventure.
You may want to check out the destinations forum/europe.
https://squattheplanet.com/destinations/europe/
Also excellent video post. Thank you... seems like freight hopping is VERY possible in Europe.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads