Hello from a trucker

CurlyNoHair

Reaction score
Howdy, got pointed here from r/hitchhiking, I'm a trucker and enjoy traveling, haven't picked up a hitcher in years and figured fuck it, might as well see if anyone needs rides along the way and such. I typically go from Sioux Falls SD to upstate NY. Anyways, I'm not particularly a chatty guy, married, got 3 cats at home, 2 used to ride with me but they prefer to stay home so oh well. I'll try to keep an eye on the rides section, since winter is supposed to be done I imagine more folks up this way may be looking for a ride and as curmudgeonly as I am, I do like to help out when I can, I'm not smoker but I do vape, no drugs, and I don't drink, we got along like fire and gas, I don't care about your sexuality or gender identity or anything like that, liberal atheist and listener of many podcasts.

So hello world!

I should add, I'm not looking for women only or any of that creeper shit, when I'm heading east I usually have room in the trailer for a bicycle or duffels and that sort of thing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 24782

THANKS. WE NEED MORE OF YOU OUT HERE! Harder to get rides from truckers these days considering a lot less owner/operators you see running OTR. I basically put my thumb down ANYTIME I see Swift, Schneider, JB Hunt, UPS, Fedex, etc, all the big names. I'm a diesel mechanic myself, trained at the Nashville Auto Diesel College in 2009. Not sure if your an owner/operator or what but let me know if you ever need any help, I have a lot of experience.

Reactions: CurlyNoHair

CurlyNoHair

Reaction score
THANKS. WE NEED MORE OF YOU OUT HERE! Harder to get rides from truckers these days considering a lot less owner/operators you see running OTR. I basically put my thumb down ANYTIME I see Swift, Schneider, JB Hunt, UPS, Fedex, etc, all the big names. I'm a diesel mechanic myself, trained at the Nashville Auto Diesel College in 2009. Not sure if your an owner/operator or what but let me know if you ever need any help, I have a lot of experience.

Yup o/o! You know how hard it is to get the dang software for these trucks?! If you could hook me up with paccar ESA that'd be great! Lol, j/k

D

Deleted member 24782

I have never worked on Paccar, though I am familiar, my best friend works at Norcal Kenworth, he just said you have to pay $4000 a year for licensing, maybe he was joking? I don't know..

CurlyNoHair

Reaction score
I have never worked on Paccar, though I am familiar, my best friend works at Norcal Kenworth, he just said you have to pay $4000 a year for licensing, maybe he was joking? I don't know..

That's probably including the engine software, but yeah the only joke is on me having just one truck and no option for one truck operations.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer @CurlyNoHair - there are people on here looking for rides on occasion - thanks!!

• Agree
Reactions: Rhubarb Dwyer

Django

Reaction score
That is heartwarming.
Thanks man.

It's hard nowadays to catch a ride with truckers, but I love it Everytime. The size, the radio, the distance.
Longest ride for me was from Whitehorse to Edmonton. It's about 2,000 km (two days). It's awesome.

Hobo Mud

Reaction score
Welcome to STP! Safe travels!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads