Hello fellow misfits

Gothika

Reaction score
I haven't yet started my traveling journey, but I'm seriously considering starting off in a converted van for the Pacific Northwest. I love the area, it seems like it would be a super-friendly place for misfits like myself, and I just felt like I'd properly introduce myself on the site so I could potentially making friends.

I've never truly written about our discussed my philosophy before, but now that I've finally found a place where I feel I can talk about this kind of stuff safely I'll give it a shot. I truly believe that I don't fit into this world. It's not that I don't like people, it just seems like no matter what I do I can't fit into mainstream society. I've tried so many different things (and I know I'm only 23 so it's really too early to say that), and none of them have really worked out. I would describe myself as a sort of Buddhist with a belief that violence adds to the instability of the universe, and every single act of violence causes a gradual erosion of society and sucks the love out of our midst. In the recent past I've contributed my fair share of sadness and strife into the universe so I can't claim to be a saint by any means, but I honestly think that I'm part-human and part-spiritual being because I seem to have an easier time "understanding" the flaws of our society than most people, and sometimes I feel like I'm not speaking from myself but from some universal energy, but everywhere I go nobody listens. So, to end this rambling post, this is me! If anyone would like to shoot shit with me, hit me up, and to all of my fellow misfits, Namaste!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Well - welcome to STP! And to the concept of traveling and what to take, where to go, what to do - etc etc etc I wish I could travel more but I have become a provider to 3 awesome cats and a dog and have a bf and and and so ..... what I do now is provide a couch for traveling people and just travel quietly by myself on occasion. So on that note - welcome again to STP and do check out all our information our members have added about equipment, places to go, urban exploration (I like this a lot!), travel stories, etc etc. :)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads