Hello, everyone!

Reaction score
First time posting here at all. Joined a while back but it's taken me ages to get involved here. My lady-love (wickedwench) and I are are full-time travelers this past year and a half (just got married, too!) We live out of a little converted cargo trailer we pull with a pickup (and there's generally a backseat spot available for those in need). Our daughter is nine and thankfully just as much of a little adventure-loving thrillseeker as we are. We're wintering in the southwest again this year, mostly in Arizona.
Since we've been on the road we've been looking to widen our community ties, find people who don't think we're out of our minds for this lifestyle, swap tales of campsites good and bad, people to travel alongside, and just generally find new friends.

todd

Reaction score
welcome. id like to see that converted cargo trailer. im working on the same

Reaction score
welcome. id like to see that converted cargo trailer. im working on the same
Ours is a just a basic little v-nose 6x12 but i varnished all the plywood inside, made curtains, installed a bed with a little cubby-bunk underneath for our daughter, solar panels on the roof, and a certain amount of storage. On space-saving thing about ours is that the steel frame is exposed in the ceiling with the insulation panels resting on top of it. By using magnet clips with our little solar lantern lights we can move lighting around as needed, and by using zip-ties with carabiners, were have SO MUCH stuff hanging in little bundles from the ceiling. It works really well!
Our next planned upgrade is a little remodeling to make our daughter's space better for her by installing drawers, LED lights, and shelves. We also really want to swap the shocks and axle to get better off-road clearance.
What kind of trailer are you using??

Reactions: Mankini

todd

Reaction score
I have a 16' double axle horse trailer that was flipped on its side and given to me. I've straightened the axles and it pulls perfect now. I've been dreaming about finishing the back gates of it to be completely enclosed. then insulating and somehow dividing it into 2 sections for some sweet stealth camping.
hearing about others ideas helps a lot Thanks!

Reactions: wickedwench
Reaction score
I have a 16' double axle horse trailer that was flipped on its side and given to me. I've straightened the axles and it pulls perfect now. I've been dreaming about finishing the back gates of it to be completely enclosed. then insulating and somehow dividing it into 2 sections for some sweet stealth camping.
hearing about others ideas helps a lot Thanks!

Very cool! Good luck with your work and if you want to ask me anything, feel free!

Reactions: todd

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads