Hello everyone. Looking for partners in crime and advice.

dr gonzo

Reaction score
Hello.
I live in Frederick, MD (USA), <close to DC metro area and Baltimore> and I may have to leave this country for a long period of time.
I would like to travel around before winter comes. I can drive but I don't own a car or enough money to cross US on it.

I am 22 years old, a college dropout, not tied to anything right now.
I am male, straight, vegetarian, I would prefer not to take any drugs on the trips.
Sometimes subcultural punk anarchism looks a little bit too cult-like and impractical to deal with, however I respect the overall anarchist use of consent, consensus. I generally tend toward left ideology but I avoid extreme beliefs.

I am looking for people to travel with, advice on where to go. I would like to travel north before cold and then head south. I prefer to take minimum that is required but I want to explore outdoors not rely on industrial leftovers to rely on.

I would like to travel to Yellowstone before it gets too cold up there. I am looking for people to do it with.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
yellowstone snows as late as the end of june, just so you know (i lived there for 6 months), best months are july through end of september.

dr gonzo

Reaction score
It snowed in Moscow in May and early June several times in my memory. I am from Moscow, Russia.

Back in the day me and my friend slept under stars when it snowed in March, here in Frederick MD. It all depends on the gear as we learned. I kept myself warm, my friend rolled off the foam and suffered the day after.

Maybe I shouldnt go there.

Last edited:

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
One member here (actually two) is traveling it now - john muir trail. He's probably near 100 miles into it now. Had an issue with altitude sickness but all is well now.

And welcome!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads