Hello all new and need legal help in regards to a house I'm occupying.

jaybob

Reaction score
Hey all am new here and have been scouring the net looking to see if someone can help me.

I have taken possession of a property in the UK and upon further searching have found out that the owner of the property has been dead for around two years and he had no known relatives.

I have managed to get my hands on the title deeds, the house at the moment is unlivable as it has been raided by by scrappers who have ripped up all the floor boards for the copper piping but not turned the water mains off lol.

I have now turned off the water mains boarded up the house and changed the locks if you add having the deeds as well I feel like i am in with a good chance of gaining ownership of this property but just dont have the legal nohow on how to do it, so... if there is anyone out there who knows what next steps i have to take to legally own this freehold property please let me know what I got to do.

Thanks in advance.

happyearthhomes

Reaction score
Website
groups.yahoo.com
have you checked the public records for back taxes legally in the u.s. u only need to buy three years back taxes and to clear up any back tax debt to own the property and in the u.s. u can do that to people that live in the house as long as the house is paid off with no liens u can buy the taxes than offer the homeowner an amount of time to pay them off with intrest and if they dont you own it outright a neighbor that wanted my parents property did that to my parents but they were able to pay him off before the deadline

jaybob

Reaction score
have you checked the public records for back taxes legally in the u.s. u only need to buy three years back taxes and to clear up any back tax debt to own the property and in the u.s. u can do that to people that live in the house as long as the house is paid off with no liens u can buy the taxes than offer the homeowner an amount of time to pay them off with intrest and if they dont you own it outright a neighbor that wanted my parents property did that to my parents but they were able to pay him off before the deadline

I have checked and there is no outstanding debt on the property am in process of getting my name put on the council tax for the address but that is a 12 year process before I own the property.

Was hoping I might be able to find a short cut.

Thank you any way.

badinfluence

Reaction score
Hey, are you close to london? You could try popping in to the A.S.S building in Whitechapel. They will be able to offer you advice with your squat. If you are not around london though maybe you could try shooting them an email or posting on their forum www.squatter.org.uk

Good luck with your place. Squatting seems to be getting harder and harder in the UK

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads