Hello All and One. Pt2 | Squat the Planet

Hello All and One. Pt2

Shaka

That One Guy
Reaction score
Sup Ladies and Gents. How's it going. Ive been lurking through the site and I must say Im pretty impressed. I find out alot of information. Hats off to the creator of this site and as well to the experienced people.

The more researching I've done, the more I'm getting ready to commit to this lifestyle. It just feels right for me. I need to return to Mother Nature and live off the land. Train hopping would be a great means of transportation as well. When i was little, i lived next to a railroad. Some trains would speed by and some would go slow or even stop. While they would go slow me and bud (still friends to this day; 22 years) would hop on em and ride em, not to far though cause we were adolescents. Fast foward to me being 22 years old I work for a Federal union called GBW welding on rail cars and i cannot express how nerve wrecking it can be to be under tons of metal welding/torch cutting on em. Then having a crane lifting them high into the air to take the wheels off and putting the cars on jacks. It takes at least two people to move the wheels on the tracks. I've never really rode em for a certain period but i can vouch and agree that they are very dangerous.

Sorry didnt mean to ramble haha but anyways.

I would like to engage in this lifestyle and get away from todays society and lifestyle and live off the land and return to Mother Nature. Explore the world. Im gonna list sone pro and cons of my life:

Pros:
Can cook
Light Fires
Build Shelter
^Use Mother Nature for such^
Knowledge bout trains(mentioned above)
Hunt/scavange for food water
Novice tracker
Jack of all trades(Legal&Illegal)
Basic medical knowledge:
Treating wounds, burns, cuts,
Can sew you/me up if need be.
Can sew clothes up
Fast Learner
Animal lover
Can figure stuff out if given time
^(ex. Friend need helping repairing a gun so i told her to let me see it for a night. The safety kept jamming and it need to be taken apart to lube up so everything could function properly. Took it apart, thought everything would stay in place. Wrong haha. Couldn't find a online blueprint with out buying a book. Fuck that. 3-4 hours of firguring where everything went and how it functioned, i completely reassembled a Bryco Jennings 9mm back together and took it to a gun range last week and it fires flawlessly now.)

Cons:
I'm on felony probation.......
Introvert
Dont know much bout electric work
Lil' knowledge on herbal life

Reactions: Desperado Deluxe

Shaka

That One Guy
Reaction score
Yea thats what i figured as well but its tempting though as i got nothing really going on over here sadly.
Felony probation, could make traveling hard. You will encounter cops semi regularly...and name will be ran often.could cause some bumps down the road

Shaka

That One Guy
Reaction score
Hmmmm most likely. I agree. When i went on the run i didnt get extradited but now that im on probation it probably is. All in all. There is only one way to find out.

D

Deleted member 125

the felony probation should be a major turn off to anyone with half a brain. sorry but i wouldnt travel anywhere near you knowing that. good on you for being honest about it though.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads