Heading to Portugal | Squat the Planet

Heading to Portugal

Stripes

Reaction score
Hi every one I'm a London squatter upbeat and love travel , this will be my first time ariving in Lisbon can't wait, I'll arrive late December .Anyone got a heads up on the squat locations and areas to head for? Also if anyone knows of places in the south as I'm heading that way after Lisbon would be great.

Thanks guys any info on squatting in Portugal would be appreciated .

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
Reactions: Stripes

Stripes

Reaction score
Yer I sort of got its not legal, but I met some gays in London form over theyour said buildings being squattered. A lot of my travel is based on camping also.

Stripes

Reaction score
Reactions: Anagor

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
Actually, I think UK is one of the countries with the highest squat density. I have been in many squats in London, Bristol, Brighton, Manchester, etc.

In contrast: in my home town in Bonn, Germany there was recently one squat (I was not there, just read about it) in city centre and as I heard it was the first squat in like 10 years. In Germany it's illegal (trespassing). It may be tolerated for some time by authorities but there are no "squatting rights" and you could get arrested just being there as a guest.

Netherlands also had a squatting history but AFAIK they made it illegal some years ago.

Unfortunately.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Sounds like an awesome adventure - enjoy - and do keep ups posted with some fabulous pics!!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads