Heading out!

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
Hey everybody, a buddy and I are taking off for some fall travel in about a week and a half. If anyone wants to kick it, drink beer and/or let us sleep on your floor in any of these places hit me up and we'll talk! We're leaving on the 10th of September from Salem, OR and making our way across the country and back with a rough idea of hitting these cities in roughly this order and probably some inbetween!

Vancouver, BC
Calgary
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Toronto
Montreal
NYC
Washington DC
Richmond, VA
Roanoke, VA
Johnson City, TN
Ashville, NC
Nashville, TN
Memphis, TN
New Orleans
Tulsa, OK
Flagstaff, AZ
Palm Springs area/Slab City
LA
Santa Cruz
SLO
San Fransisco

Hail satan, smoke crack and ride freight trains!

Bullet

Reaction score
You're welcome to contact me if you need a place in Asheville. I'm trying to leave this place in the next couple of months (headed to Santa Cruz...check out the Red Church for kick ass free hot meals and Subrosa, the anarchist cafe.) but should still be around when you roll through.
Happy travels! That's an awesome route.

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
So we're in NYC headed south now, we didn't hit all those places but got some extra (on accident). Notably Buffalo (sucked), Binghampton (pretty but shitty for getting out of), and Bethlehem/Allentown, PA (same). Trains have been good to us, as has hitching for the most part. Anyway - just posting to update and add some new cities from here on out! Hit us up if you want to hang out!

Next month-ish
----------------
Washington, DC
Lynchburg, VA
Roanoke, VA
Johnson City, TN
Ashville, NC
Savannah, GA
Jacksonville, FL
New Orleans, LA
Nashville, TN
Memphis, TN
Tulsa, OK
Flagstaff, AZ

Thanks to RnJ for putting us up in Winnipeg, that was awesome!

Wizard, I don't think we'll be hitting Birmingham, kind of doing a circle around that and Atlanta.

Bullet, we will totally be calling you when we get off the trail! I'll PM you my #. I think we should be done with our little section around the 22nd or so of this month.

N

NickCofphee

Be sure to stop in Palm Springs so I can piss on you. If your friend's worthy enough, you can both get pissed on.

You are welcome to my garbage, too. I tend to piss on that as well.

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
Don't worry NickC, gurgling your piss is one of the major highlights of our itinerary.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
I am reporting that Macks has not only safely made it into the belly of the beast, he and his friend survived an encounter with me in the woods!

sprout

Reaction score
PM me when you get to LA. Might have a couch to offer up by the time you guys get here.
Rosetta's (vegan restaurant) in downtown Asheville is friendly with the idea of work exchange for bomb food. I recommend it.
Also, in Asheville, you should definitely bus it to the Warren Wilson College. That place is amazing if you like being somewhere in the woods where you can play old time music, eat free food, get housed up every night, pick fresh food from the edible gardens, contra dancing... I could go on for awhile about how great it is.

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
In Asheville now, actually at Warren Wilson college so it's funny you say that sprout! Met a cool kid on the dirty dog who hooked us up with a place here (pissed off and stuck in shitty Charlotte inspired that purchase). We had a great time in tha woods with finn, thanks for showing us that awesome hobo palace and hooking us up with some work trade.

Got a hotshot out of Manassas that took us to giant NS yard in the middle of nowhere, NC (instead of Lynchburg where we thought we were going) so we are now hiking a section of the AT from south to north instead of the other way around.

So catch ya'll on the flipside for a bit while we're in the woods. More to come!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads