Heading north for the summer from LA | Squat the Planet

Heading north for the summer from LA

Reaction score
Website
www.sebastianballard.blogspot.com
Hey everybody I'm Sebastian, so glad I found this forum, the information I've read so far is great and will definitely help me out in my travels. I have been in LA for a month after hitching a ride out of Vegas and goal is to make my way up through California and eventually end up in Washington somewhere. After that I might to a west-east hop, who knows, not me.

Currently I am wandering around the southwestern part of LA but plan on hopping a train north very soon. I just need to get a couple more supplies, finish exploring a little more of the city and plot my rail travel heading north.

I am new to the whole traveling experience but believe it will be a good way to learn who I am and who I want to be. I've been through some pretty powerful life changing experiences over the past 5 years and feel lost.

So I will walk, hop and hitch until I feel I am heading in the right direction. I look forward to meeting new people, seeing amazing places and having a wild journey that I'll never forget.

Feel free to message me if you need a road dog in Cali/Pacific Northwest in the future or just want to meet up for a day, I'll be around for a while. Also, if anyone knows of any good festivals going on in the area let me know!

May the road be as open and fortuitous for you as I envision it will be for me.
:)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
www.sebastianballard.blogspot.com
Alright so just an update to my intro, I decided to forgo the train hop out of Colton and leather tramp it up to Big Sur. Its 330ish miles from LA and I should be able to make it in around 2-3 weeks including some stops. I plan on staying in Big Sur for at least a month.

After that Sf would be a nice stop before finally train hopping north to Oregon.

I also have been looking into some jobs in the fall/winter working in Alaska. A couple cannery companies I applied to have year around positions, which is awesome.

So if anyone is going to be in Big Sur in the next couple of months, I'll be beachside ready to bbq up some grub courtesy of Cal Fresh :D

Also- I'm 420/psychedelic friendly. I'm not okay with any tweak/junkie bullshit or fucking with tourists/other people. Everyone has a right to enjoy themselves and not be harassed.

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads