Headed west | Squat the Planet

Headed west

Ally

Reaction score
I am in Missoula, Montana headed west toward Seattle and down toward Southern California with my family. We would love to find some nice places we can park our camper on the way, and see some beautiful and exciting places and would love your recommendations and reviews. We would also like to get a potential idea on some welcoming areas for jugging, flying signs, and busking, and the not so good areas. Lovin you Family!

Last edited:
J

Johnny P

You just gotta go, everyone has their own experience in a place. I may have made hundred bucks flying a sign in a town, but then the next kid will come through and get run off by the police right away...it's always hit or miss...plus I don't share my fly spots on the internet;-)

In Oregon gas jugging is a bitch because there are pump attendants that pump gas for you....makes it a little difficult to jug..

I recommend Lolo Pass if you want something decent to look at...take Hwy 12 west from Missoula and to Lolo, it comes out at Lewiston, Idaho, which is kind of a wretched place, but then you are right on the border of Idaho and Washington.

Ally

Reaction score
You just gotta go, everyone has their own experience in a place. I may have made hundred bucks flying a sign in a town, but then the next kid will come through and get run off by the police right away...it's always hit or miss...plus I don't share my fly spots on the internet;-)

In Oregon gas jugging is a bitch because there are pump attendants that pump gas for you....makes it a little difficult to jug..

I recommend Lolo Pass if you want something decent to look at...take Hwy 12 west from Missoula and to Lolo, it comes out at Lewiston, Idaho, which is kind of a wretched place, but then you are right on the border of Idaho and Washington.
Haha, Thanks for the insight, you really brightened my awareness on that a bit! :) We plan to take lolo pass since it is the quickest way to Washington, and spends the least amount of time in Idaho, we have heard they aren't super welcoming in that area...

J

Johnny P

Like I said, everyone has their own experience....If you are a bunch of dirty hippy rainbow kids in a van, yeah they probably won't be too welcoming...one tramp walking through with a backpack...different dynamic...Idaho is awesome!

Ally

Reaction score
Like I said, everyone has their own experience....If you are a bunch of dirty hippy rainbow kids in a van, yeah they probably won't be too welcoming...one tramp walking through with a backpack...different dynamic...Idaho is awesome!
You are so right, it is very interesting to look at it from that perspective! I hope my Idaho experience is positive and loving, but what will be, will be. We will just have to wait and see...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads