Completed Having trouble with the "like/dislike/poop/etc" thing

NotmybestNotmyworst

Vagabond
StP Supporter
Current Location
Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
I cant seem to rate a post unless someone else already has and then i can only post a thumbs up or not. The old format had the little buttons to pick from. My computer illiterate ass cant figure it out. Lil help. There is a button to the bottom right of each page but it doesnt seem to work.

OP
NotmybestNotmyworst

NotmybestNotmyworst

Vagabond
StP Supporter
Current Location
Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
@Coywolf @NotmybestNotmyworst

try it now, if you tap on it, it should pop up a menu of choices that you can pick from instead of having to long press on it! let me know if it works!
Yup it is working easier now. Dont have to long press it.
If i could suggest one other thing its to do with the notifications, i liked the other way where it just showed up instead of having to open the drop down list. Its not a game changer, the old way just seemed easier. Getting used to the subtle differences but im glad you have this suggestion section set up. Ive noticed a tiny lag in typing compared to before aswell which can be annoying, makes it easy to mistype ive noticed .

kylethree8

Current Location
Lexington KY
On the same subject of like/dislike feature.. But first thank you for updating the site and I myself appreciate the efforts of STP to connect travelers and like minded folk.

However since the update I've not enjoyed my STP experience, I can't scroll on mobile threw any thread with out the like/dislike menu opening with all the options, it freezes my scrolling ability and selects random feeling emojis to posts that I had zero intent on like/disliking.. @Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
On the same subject of like/dislike feature.. But first thank you for updating the site and I myself appreciate the efforts of STP to connect travelers and like minded folk.

However since the update I've not enjoyed my STP experience, I can't scroll on mobile threw any thread with out the like/dislike menu opening with all the options, it freezes my scrolling ability and selects random feeling emojis to posts that I had zero intent on like/disliking.. @Matt Derrick
you're going to have to give me some more details. first, i'm guessing your on a mobile device? what's the device? what web browser? can you post a screen shot of the issue? all these will vastly expedite the support process.