Having animals on the road | Squat the Planet

Having animals on the road

TheUndeadPhoenix

The Necromancer King
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
I know alot of kids have animals on the road with them. What do you have with you? The weirdest thing I've seen somebody with is a cat, but its not too far fetched that you could take care of a cat on the road. My question is how do you know when the cat has to piss? o_O I've also seen people with rats, which is becoming a norm just like dogs.

So what do you have with you, what's their story and how do you take care of them?

DisgustinDustin

Reaction score
I know alot of kids have animals on the road with them. What do you have with you? The weirdest thing I've seen somebody with is a cat, but its not too far fetched that you could take care of a cat on the road. My question is how do you know when the cat has to piss? o_O I've also seen people with rats, which is becoming a norm just like dogs.

So what do you have with you, what's their story and how do you take care of them?

How do you know when a cat has to piss?? Lol.. Good question.. Sorry I'm a wakin and bakin and it cracked me up.. I could see a cat being way easier to travel with than a dog.. The protection factor isn't there tho..
Either way, just know its gonna be a pain sometimes having an animal..
Now, I'm gonna go research how to know if a cat has to piss.

Reactions: TheUndeadPhoenix

TheUndeadPhoenix

The Necromancer King
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
I see cats everywhere now. Mostly in Portland, for some astoundingly stupid reason.
33-SAGA-Cat-Population-Pyramid.jpg

That's why

• Sad
Reactions: Blueberry

HUMANCONTRAST

Reaction score
I have a blue nose/blue heeler, his names Alonzo. Kidnapped him from mexican's who were fighting him down in southern new mexico, he has a nub tail because they fucked up chopping his tail off. He's my best friend. He eat's only the best dog food ever, has all his shots and I take him to the vet around every eight months or so. I've had him since he was 3 months old and he's now 2 years.

CXR1037

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I think it's amoral to take animals on the road, especially trains. I always see oogle kids with their 9000 dogs, saying how, "oh, my dog loves the road!" as it's walking all over the glass they broke, or on ballast rock for miles on end because they got kicked off a train, or they kick it for growling at someone, or they ride boxcars and the dog has no hearing protection...

CXr - i hate oogles

HUMANCONTRAST

Reaction score
I don't walk my dog on broken glass nor do I ever kick him or hit him, Ever. I don't see how having a dog makes me an oogle cause is sure as hell ain't one. I know my shit and unlike most girls on the road I don't need anyone to take me around the country as I can do it on my own.

Reactions: TheUndeadPhoenix
D

Deleted member 2626

Got my dog in amarillo while hitchin with a buddy. at a flea market we each paid 5 bucks , so ten total. He would have been put out on the streets for free the lady said. they do that in amarillo a lot i guess. I've hitched with him and hiked miles. my damn dog knows how to change his pace to walk on the wood ties of the tracks to stay off the ballast. hes almost a year here in a few months and has spent 95 percent of his life outdoors because i live in a van and not a house. when i go to my rents for a few days or friends he gets real ancy and kind of pissy till he gets used to stale and indoor air. once we throw on a pack or start up my van hes all excited to be on the move... this dog does like the road and not being civilized. he favorite thing to chew is a deer or elk antler, good for the teeth, calcium and helps with plaque and what not

Jawline

Reaction score
My dogs been on the road pretty much his whole life too, he gets really excited when trains pull up and is always ready to go. Some dogs seem to really love it, others ive seen freak the fuck out on em. My old road dog had a cat we found up in willard for a few days. It was a pretty chill cat but going around town with it was a fucking pain.

Reactions: HUMANCONTRAST

Puckett

Banned
Reaction score
Ks is home & damn tornados bring me back everytime
there are a few threads already about animals on the road. please check next time befor you make a thread.

HUMANCONTRAST

Reaction score
So does my dog! When I pick him up to put him on trains he sort of climbs up the ladder him self. And jumps off by himself. When ever I pick my my pack up his leash & harness he goes crazy, he loves it! And protects me, makes m happy and is very well behaved. And calm for almost being 2 and a half yeasrs. (in march) I love him.​

E

Earth

I guess it depends on the dog, how it was raised, etc....
My dog (breed:Argentine Dogo) couldn't stand things being in a constant state of flux/chaos which was all she knew with her pervious owner.
Poor dog was a wreck, so (the previous owner who actually rescued the dog, bless her...) figured on dumping it on some traveling kids or anyone since she "couldn't handle it"

I decided to adopt the dog off her, and within one week, she became a very calm docile loving animal - who obviously wanted one thing she never had: a place to call home.

(and I live in a recording studio/gallery, so it ain't exactly a traditional home interior wise)

The dog is never crated, and has the entire ground level of this roost to herself, while 4 cats (soon to be 5) live topside.

I honestly don't see the logic of traveling with a cat, or any small animal as I personally don't think it's fair to the animal.

I guess traveling with infants will soon be next, as there shouldn't be a difference there........

Speaking of which, that's how I treat my dog - as if she were an infant.
Always make sure she's dressed warm now that it's finally getting cold out (since her hair is ultra thin).

Hope we have another olde skool New England winter again.............

Alaska

Reaction score
I think it's amoral to take animals on the road, especially trains. I always see oogle kids with their 9000 dogs, saying how, "oh, my dog loves the road!" as it's walking all over the glass they broke, or on ballast rock for miles on end because they got kicked off a train, or they kick it for growling at someone, or they ride boxcars and the dog has no hearing protection...

CXr - i hate oogles

I think it's amoral to be such a twat as yourself. Irrelevant to the thread, but you really suck, man. I agree, though.

Reactions: wildboy860

CXR1037

Banned
Reaction score
I think it's amoral to be such a twat as yourself. Irrelevant to the thread, but you really suck, man. I agree, though.

These are the kinds of comments that keep me gettin' up in the morning.

No, seriously, though, the ratio of good animal owners to bad that I've met is like 10 to 1.

Cxr - up da ponx

Alaska

Reaction score
These are the kinds of comments that keep me gettin' up in the morning.

No, seriously, though, the ratio of good animal owners to bad that I've met is like 10 to 1.

Cxr - up da ponx

Yeah, it's almost as if some dick shits bring a dog with them solely as an alternative to a punching bag.

Ak - lemon chicken is damn good

HUMANCONTRAST

Reaction score
That's awesome! Did you have to teach her how to jump off gondolas or did she just start doing it on her own? My dog will jump off doublestacks, boxcars and grainers but I've never tried with a gondola, he hates riding those he nuts up so I usually don't ride them, especially when I'm by myself because I can get him on, but I have trouble getting him out.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads