Haven't we met?

Reaction score
I am a young traveler heading west towards San Diego with some road kids and my warrior kitten, Luna. Greetings to all squatters! Hopefully I can meet some passerby who could lend me an ear and vice versa. Connections make the world go round. I am taking some first steps to begin an intentional community in Costa Rica this spring. Any advice on networking to create a successful sustainable community?

J

Johnny P

Not currently in Cali, no plans of going there. I'd only go there if the gal I want to marry said, "OK fine lets get hitched, but we gotta live in California." then I'd probably suck it up.

I'm in Portland, Oregon until Friday

J

Johnny P

Luckily, or not so lucky, She has already given me several reasons while we are incompatible, so no California for me...haha! I guess Love just isn't enough sometimes

J

Johnny P

Don't let my cynicism deter you from going to California, there are beautiful places there and there is a lot going on. Everybody has their own experience in a place...

misanthropicrustacian

Reaction score
if you go to san diego just be sure to stay out of north county, especially coastal towns, its one of the worst places to get caught up with the law ive found, high fines, cops suck more than ever around there , gentrified and getting worse as time goes by if you look slightly out of place , cops are on you like flies on shit. definitely not a place to go if you've been going up-river..

Dameon

Reaction score
I have a soft spot for California. Not much money to be made, and blown up, but that changes quite a bit if you stay out of the cities everybody else goes to. And this time of year, I'm still enjoying 70+ degree sunny days. Actually, that should continue into the winter.

There are towns in California where I know I can fly a sign and make $60 an hour, and other towns I know I can busk and make over $20 an hour. No, I won't say which towns, but there are places you can find where it's actually pretty cool and not loaded with homebums and oogles.

Reactions: darkmoonflower

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads