Have you all ever been to Salt lake city?

Kal

Reaction score
What is Salt lake city like? Thinking about going.

SlimPickins

Reaction score
Salt Lake City was a pretty cool city in my opinion. However, I was only there for about 6hrs to play a show at this venue called "Burt's Tiki Lounge".
Really cool venue though, dirty and grimy!

Oh, it was snowing at the start May too.

Kal

Reaction score
Salt Lake City was a pretty cool city in my opinion. However, I was only there for about 6hrs to play a show at this venue called "Burt's Tiki Lounge".
Really cool venue though, dirty and grimy!

Oh, it was snowing at the start May too.
Cool, I might go to Salt Lake City.

janktoaster

Reaction score
The city itself is rad. Go to the big park, lots of ponds and woods and views of the mountains, but also a shit load of goose poop.

Go to some of the look out points and eat at the Greek restaurant, Zeek's I believe.

Hitching out of SLC is extremely challenging. I tried for three days before resorting to rideshare, which worked in an hour and we were outta here.

The people are kinda mean, the bums aren't that nice, and kids with packs are not well-liked.

Also, get some bangin El Salvadorian food, there's some small hole in the wall down by the tracks. Cheap food, filling and delicious, literally made by someone's grandma

I don't know much about hopping in the area but I know you can get to Colorado fairly easily. Met some people in Grand Junction headed to SLC, apparently an easy hop from there.

Reactions: Drengor

briancray

Reaction score
Website
www.bikethe.us
I was only there for a few days. Camped out on a hill for a couple nights. Nice sunset. Train yard was pretty close by, but I didn't catch out.

It's kinda dirty, lot of homebums. One tried selling me an 8 inch long dagger...freaked me out when he approached me with it at first.

People for the most part were friendly. I heard the lake is actually quite awesome. I never made it out that way since it was a long walk off the beaten path. Had a hard time hitching out of there so I ended up getting a cheap bus pass to the nearest Greyhound. All in all not too bad. A lot of abandoned buildings to explore from what I remember. A few nice parks. I'd check it out if you've never been. If you can hitch a ride to the lake I would do it.

Kal

Reaction score
I will be going to Colorado but I couldn't make up my mind about going to Salt Lake City or Billings Montana

Reactions: briancray

janktoaster

Reaction score
I haven't been to Montana but god damn I want to. The lake is far, we got offered a ride from these two gorgeous women and they brought my friend and I, and smoked us up. We went swimming but it was very cold. Floating was fun tho.

Everything jungle said is spot on tho

Reactions: briancray

briancray

Reaction score
Website
www.bikethe.us
I will be going to Colorado but I couldn't make up my mind about going to Salt Lake City or Billings Montana
Colorado is a great state. You'll like it. Never hopped freight, but I'd imagine it'd be awesome through the state. If you get a chance try to go through Glenwood Canyons. We hitched through there on our way to Grand Junction and it was beautiful. Have fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: janktoaster

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
That sucks, why did they ban you
I got schwilly under the pedestrian bridge near the parking garage and bullshitted with people and just being all out silly. I was giving jewelry I made away for free generally being nice to people and joking around. After about four hours of nonsense the mall security guards finally came up to me and politely told me I was banned but only for three months. All the authority figures in town didn't seem to mind me there. I was only there a couple of days. I be silly some times [emoji12].

D

Deleted member 2626

Only ever passed thru on greyhound with a layover twice there. Looked highly populated and crowded. I never hear to much about reno but I spent more time there and really liked it. Smaller town and surrounded by awesome country

D

Deleted member 2626

Salt lake has a enormous homeless shelter and I saw all types and lots of young kids waiting to get in. The sidewalks were loaded

J

Johnny P

I had a blast in SLC! Of course this was years before the Rainbow Family of light came to Utah ad blew the fuck up out of everything. Made good loot busking in downtown. Met lots of punk kids. It's clean as fuck. There booze laws are wierd.Ogden is fun too!

Art101

Reaction score
Love passing through SLC.Lived there for awhile back about 91 was good times.Easy city to catch of or at least used to be you can any direction.Yeah the booze laws are kinda wierd and the Mormons can be a tad oppressive at time but still one of my fav cities.

arianaholland1

Reaction score
I have never been myself but I heard they've recently we go a shit ton of low income housing. If your looking t get housed, I hear it's a good time over there. Safe travels :)

Cody Pay

Reaction score
Salt lake isn't too bad, it's where I'm from . the booze laws suck and there IS allot of home bums, but if you go out of down town, the money is good for flying and busking, the cops aren't such ass holes, the people are friendly, and its actually a very beautiful city. The transit trains and buses are amazing and get you anywhere needed. The train yard in salt lake sucks, but just take the transit train north to Ogden and the yard up the is awesome, easy, and conviently located fairly close to Good fly spots.

ANYBODY- if ya make it to salt lake, hit me up for either more info, chill people hook ups, and if I'm in town we can hook up as well.

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads