Harvest Work!?!!?!?Where When?

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
there's weed harvest in Cali and Maine and other states in the fall. dont know the specifics, but there's a thread on it in the making aliving section here.

dharma bum

anarcho-transcendentalist
Reaction score

Symphony

Reaction score
There's the blueberry farm come blueberry season here in Gainesville,FL. (sometime in the summer,I believe) They do have a website, you can always try google.

Ithyphallic

Reaction score
If you have a passport, there's cherries, plums, apples, grapes, a variety of veggies, peaches, apricots, all sorts of orchards all over the okanagan in Southern British Columbia from Spring through Fall/early winter, and then preparation jobs for the next season's harvest from winter to the next season.
Google it, there's alot of resources made for migrants coming for the harvest jobs out there. It's great, people from all over come each season, it's pretty much a huge party that floods the towns.
Most orchards provide a place to stay or at least set up your tent, and a few very kind and friendly people have campsites for workers charging a dollar a day. Wages are usually per pound of harvest, but some places provide an hourly wage and their what you want to look for, because with the per pound pay it's not always guaranteed that you'll be making enough to get by, especially with drug dealers walking from orchard to orchard each night and bootleg alcohol pouring from every direction :)

It's seriously a lot of fun, I wasn't even working last year and stayed on an orchard for a week or two, provided kittens(white wobbly) to pay my way and just partied. I'm definitely going to do it next season and hopefully stay a bit longer. Hitching is also really easy through the area that time of year.

farmer john

Reaction score
petey my man im very intrested in harvesting potatos of the homestate any more info ?

pete bastard

Reaction score
some farms will hire out of temp agencies, or if u tend to hang out infront of home depot. i just happened to know a kid(this was durring high school and shortly there after) who's step brother owned a good sized farm. i'll look into trying to find u a phone number, just keep in mind this was 10+ years ago

farmer john

Reaction score
ya thats a min
thanx for looking for a number tho man thatd be great :hf:

farmer john

Reaction score

Nemo

Reaction score
yoo don't know if this link has been posted as of yet but you need to check this shit ouuut
wwoofusa.org
Loam here on StP turned me onto it..
enjoi

(further edit)
Ahhh fuck nvm.. after I delved a little deeper into the site i mentioned previously.. I learned that place costs for a monthly membership... D: waaahhhhh

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads