Banned happythoughts123 banned for well, asking to be banned. (1 Viewer)

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
Hometown
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
@happythoughts123 asked to be banned after his friend who was previously @Railroadways created a account and posted in this thread https://squattheplanet.com/threads/robert-from-az.33571/#post-267133 under the user name @Marvin D martian trying to get in touch. previously @Railroadways had left contact info in the thread letting @happythoughts123 know how to contact him outside of stp because he "cant stand these rail lords on here!" (refering to stp). not sure why that contact info was ignored but ok.

@happythoughts123 then decided to derail this thread https://squattheplanet.com/threads/2018-ccg-your-thoughts.36920/ and stated that one of the mods went through his private messages even though he admits that user @Marvin D martian had publicly replied to the thread which is how we knew it was the banned user in the first place. but most importantly, he asked to be banned. and as the friendliest mod i figured it was my duty to regretfully remove this very valued and cherished member of our community. goodnight sweet prince. if anyone runs into him on one of the 70,000 miles hes ridden/still riding please award him the golden shopping cart award as i now have no way of contacting him to gift him his prize.

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Increasingly aggressive bro
Staff member
Hometown
530 Rackerby, California
Website
youtu.be
as the friendliest mod i figured it was my duty to regretfully remove this very valued and cherished member of our community. goodnight sweet prince. if anyone runs into him on one of the 70,000 miles hes ridden/still riding please award him the golden shopping cart award as i now have no way of contacting him to gift him his prize.

The friendliest and funniest mod, good lord that kid got wrecked tonight.

OP
SlankyLanky

SlankyLanky

Staff member
Hometown
all sarcasm aside, this user derailed a thread, started a pissing contest for no reason, accused people of violating his privacy then asked why he wasnt banned already. i explained why his friend was banned, and hope it was made clear. then he asked why he wasnt banned yet. so he got what he wanted and everyones hopefully happy.

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Staff member
Top Poster of the Month
Hometown
Northern Arizona
Website
www.youtube.com
Thanks for complying with his request, @SlankyLanky

If you looked up "tool" in Websters, I'm sure his picture would be right at the top.

I seriously dislike the "I'm much more of a hardcore rider than you" arguements. It just shows true colors.

OP
SlankyLanky

SlankyLanky

Staff member
Hometown
im a servant of the people @Coywolf what can i say?

as somebody who still very much enjoys keeping as up to date and current as i can despite not having ridden in years (and with the way things are looking possibly not being able to any time soon again) i dont pay any attention to people when they make claims like this anymore, it just doesnt impress me. ide be willing to eat my hat if damn near everyone didnt have daily access to wifi via their cell phone that they can use for maps/tracy/google etc etc. not trying to brag but uh, it wasnt like that., im no old head but it wasnt uncommon as little as 10 years ago for people to not have any of those things, let alone all 3 of them in their pocket 24/7. im not against technology or anything like that and sure as shit aint gonna say it was better before all the available info, hell even then it wasnt difficult. but to claim 70k miles on freight as if its a badge of honor these days comes off to me as "i have a reliable cell phone plan, alot of free time, and also i lie about how many trains ive ridden on the internet" instead of what somebody bragging is going for.

not to mention from what i can gather from the way this person acted they are early/mid 20's. theres no way he has ridden 70,000 miles. its not possible and i dont think anybody was impressed by his my dicks bigger then everyone elses claim.

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Hometown
Austin, TX
Website
youtube.com
I don't want to turn this into a 'kids these days' diatribe but it does give you a certain perspective when you try to ride trains without all that technology and crew change and maps and stuff like that like we used to do back in the day.

I'm not saying it's better or worse, and I certainly love having the collective knowledge of mankind sitting in my pocket, so I'm not complaining but like I said it's just gives you a different perspective on train riding when you work without those things.

If you're feeling a little daring and have a summer to spare, I'd say try riding with just a map and a lot of research before hand and you'll probably learn some interesting things along the way.

Juan Derlust

Resident itinerant paradoxymoron
Hometown
on thin ice or in hot water
I have little experience riding rail -however, in life, I run into individuals all the time who feel compelled to tell me whatever it is they're 'good' at:
'I'm a GOOD Christian...'
'I'm a GOOD Jew...'

The real ones never have to indicate how 'good' they are...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$105.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $105.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Nearly done with the electrical system of the van. 170Ah Lithium ion, 2/4K inverter, 400 watt of solar, 40A MPPT controller. Should be up and running (or explode) this weekend.

After that I have to finish the primary work table, which will be the last big piece of the build.
back in FL 4 da 3rd time til I head 2 Colorado
Hey folks, we've opened up a new thread to discuss organizing this year's jamboree in the san juan islands! You should throw in your two cents! https://squattheplanet.com/fest
returning refreshed, refurbished and re-treaded ... om back what did i miss?
Offline for a short stint. Be back soon.
NOLA anybody? i got wheels. thinking about getting something to drink and marking some trains
Oddman wrote on Brodiesel710's profile.
Nice picture, on the Wikipedia "hobo" page... I was working on that page a little, a few weeks ago. It's a total mess and I just scratched the surface, but I keep watching and hoping someone else will improve it. That photo improves it for sure. Wish I knew enough about hobo history to write something decent there.
Got a new pad in CinCinNasty , anyone passing nearby hit me up. Got a couch and brews
.and smoke if that's your thing.
el Pasooooo.... here I AM. Sticken out like a white girl in mexico haha. Hitchen to white sands in a couple days oo baybeh ~ who's out here?
Still learning how this werkz lol