Happy to be here.

• Thread starter thelongstrangetripper
  • Start date
T

thelongstrangetripper

hey guys, first off, thanks for everyone who helps keep this website afloat. My guess is that it probably takes quite a bit of time and money to keep it going. I just came across it today and I like what you're all about here.

A little over two month ago my girlfriend and I left Minnesota to live a somewhat nomadic life in the southwest united states. We had a few problems with both of our families (which have since been cleared up), and I had just finished trade school and always wanted to go on an extended road trip anyway. It seemed like a good time to leave home. Since we've been gone I've made money playing guitar on the street and by laying tile, doing light landscaping, and painting. My mom has also sent me some money. Pops has said he's gonna send some, but I'm not worried about it.

Our trip started out via the greyhound outa Minneapolis to San Diego. Made a couple friends there. Slept inside and on the beach... Long story, but now we're in Flagstaff. Hitched up here from phoenix, didn't know it was gonna be this cold lol, so I've had to spend a little money tonight for a hotel for the first time since I've left. We've been here in Flag for four nights now and we'll hopefully be on a bus to Kingman tomorrow.

Haha, I guess that's where I'm at. My girlfriend and I share a Nokia Lumia and the 4g and wifi are our primary ways of communicating with the world. I've used a few different references from the web to get us this far, and I'm sure ill be using these forums as yet another . Its past 2am and I'm burning sleep time right now so I'm gonna hit the hay. Shout out to my girl because I'm sure she'll make an account and read this eventually. You're the best babe!.. Hah for real though, she's super resourceful and I wouldn't have gotten this far without her... Shoot, really need sleep. Thanks again yall! Love and peace. Much respect!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Nice intro! Welcome to our great community. Lots of resources are available for traveling too!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
what's in kingman? you should get farther south where it's warmer :)

T

thelongstrangetripper

what's in kingman? you should get farther south where it's warmer :)
Kingman is only $50 greyhound ticket away (just found out its not actually $30 like I had previously thought), its still somewhat warmer than Flag, towards the coast, not trying to get stuck in Maricopa county (south, phoenix), and apparently my girlfriend found us a place to stay there

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads