Handpoked tattoo

QueerCoyote

granola punk
Reaction score
Picked up some 5rl tattoo needles and ink and gave and got my first tattoo, stick n poke style. It's not finished yet, there will be some pointillism trees in the background to come.

20161010_211058.jpg

QueerCoyote

granola punk
Reaction score
Do you guys know anyone on the road who does tattoos? like I wanna get one but I don't want it to be total trash and I'm trying to avoid hep c. I can't afford to go to a tattoo shop or treat hep c

I would ask around local garage sale / craigslist facebook groups, a lot of people tattoo as a hobby out of their home. It's likely not to be on par with a shop artist doing it 24/7, but you can ask them about their normal sterile practices and see their portfolio beforehand. Still cost money, but it will be cheaper.

Reactions: Tastebitterfruit
D

Deleted member 125

Do you guys know anyone on the road who does tattoos? like I wanna get one but I don't want it to be total trash and I'm trying to avoid hep c. I can't afford to go to a tattoo shop or treat hep c

plenty of people do tattoos while traveling. would i get tattooed by them? no. having worked in tattoo shops and knowing what goes into keeping the practice streile (one of my main tasks) its not just using a different needle everytime. most people who tattoo on the road dont use disposable tubes, by doing so they are putting everyone at risk that they tattoo because while traveling its very unlikely that they have access to a ultrasonic machine or a autoclave. if they are using disposable tubes i still wouldnt get tattooed by a stranger on the road period. but its good they at least understand that much.

anyone can go online and buy a tattoo machine and a cheap set of ink colors for around 100 bucks or so. but actually learning how to tattoo properly takes a hell of a long time, and a shit load of practice. i have a few apprentice tattoos that i got because i worked with the person who was being apprenticed and trusted her master to not let her fuck me up too bad. everyone has to start somewhere and i went into that knowing ide have not the best tattoos from this person. i have alot of tattoos, a few are meh, but for the most part i have really well done tattoos, granted alot of them are just stupid tattoos, but they are technically done well.

if you care about having a well done professional tattoo, do yer homework. but if you just want tattoos or dont care what they look like feel free to let anyone with a machine tattoo you. i started getting tattooed before i was 18 and have since had all but 1 of my crummy stick and pokes covered up, not that i regret them, but like most people i wanted to have visable tattoos so i started getting them on my arms and having grown older i stopped wanting to have shit all over my arms done mostly by people i dont talk to anymore. its kind of a bummed looking at yer arms everyday thinking "damn i hate this tattoo alot because so and so did it and they are a piece of shit". but again if you dont care, feel free to do whatever you want. but my advice would be goto a professional.

QueerCoyote

granola punk
Reaction score
Started a second tat, same foot.

Currently planning on what I want to start doing with my left arm and one area on my leg, as well as the top of both feet. Man, I've never been bothered by being so tiny before, I don't have enough skin and a good portion of it I've already mentally dedicated to Pony Reinhardt and Noel'le Longhaul.

Handpoking feels ritualistic, especially since I'm depicting content that has spiritual and life relevance to myself. It also takes a long ass time, and your mind really quiets down as you go.

Sketch:

14610885_10209738089784636_2052887476987433129_n.jpg

Ink so far:
14731264_10209738089184621_2113722094633224675_n.jpg

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads