Hammock gear setup fit lightweight travel. | Squat the Planet

Hammock gear setup fit lightweight travel.

A

Arapala

Ok so here is my setup. Not all items are shown but most of the essentials are in therr. This is a 35 L. Internal frame, with the frame removed. Bag packed to Max capacity with 3 liters of water storage is 25lbs. A weight just about anyone could carry. Anyone determined enough.

Ok so left to right, top to bottom:

First is the shelter system. A 30 degree sleeping bag modified to allow a hammock to run through, single nest hammock, tree traps, 6 tent stakes and two lightweight TI. Carabeaners. Silicone nylon 9x8 tarp and parachord. Then a small self containing pot i have a cook kit with alcohol stove, fire kit, and fuel. Then i have a water purifying pump that allows you to quickly utilize any water source. Tool bag with batteries, knife sharpener, etc. full base layer of clothing. First aid kit.

Not in the photo, head lamp, flashlight, solar charger, compess, wrist watch, knife, socks and underwear, 3l. water blatter, grey water bottle for doing laundry in.

That's pretty much it. Obviously everyone has some items specific to there region or goal in traveling as i also carry a banjo. Hope this helps anyone interested in lighter packs that aren't stupid light and or hammocking. Questions welcome.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375321692417.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375321692417.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 438
  • uploadfromtaptalk1375322052058.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375322052058.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 416
A

Arapala

I ordered them online but can find them in stores like gander mountain and rock climbing stores. I suggest eni atlas straps and camp nano makes the lightest most durable ti caribeaners around! Highly recommended. Dont skimp in trees straps or youll find your ass on the ground fast. Not a suggested DIY, and I'm a huge diy guy. Anyways yeah the carrying sack holds them fine and extra parachord and tent stakes. Also use the bag filled with rocks to perform a bear hang pacific coast trail style :p

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads