Hail from BC Canada | Squat the Planet

Hail from BC Canada

Loki16

Reaction score
Hey friends,

Pleasure to meet you all.

My name is Loki, I'm from a small Kootenay town in British Columbia Canada. I'm 24 years old and have done a fair bit of traveling in my life. I'm an avid WWOOFer and I currently work seasonally (the late winter to summer months) as a camp director/leadership coordinator at an incredible outdoor summer camp for youth. I have always appreciated alternative ways of traveling, I've hitchhiked my way across Ireland, Maui and the Big Island of Hawaii and even done a few trips from my home town to Vancouver. In these winter months before work starts for me yet again I find myself with a lot of time and little to do. (I can't afford to ski at the touristy hills and I've cross countried my heart out)

I have had this dramatic urge to attempt to hitch my way down to New Orleans as I have become completely enthralled with the incredible amount of folk and blues music I have seen on the internet. Has anyone ever done a trip this long/far? Can you tell me more about your journey? If you're nearby I'd love a traveling partner as well.

I digress...

Looking forward to being part of this fantastic community.

-Loki

Reactions: wizehop and Koala

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Well hey welcome aboard to STP! We've had several people over the years look into and want information on WWOOFs - if you see any inquires to them - please feel free to chime in and thank you :)

Reaction score
Haaaa I just drove down from Vancouver and am in New Orleans right now, hitching would probably take quite a while but easily do able if you got patience. Will probably be driving down again next winter if you got that much patience hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Squat the Planet Mobile

Billy Cougar White

Reaction score
Welcome to StP. It seems there's lots of us BC dwellers on here. Hope you are blessed with safe and frequent travels this year.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads