Haggard plaque mouth | Squat the Planet

Haggard plaque mouth

baconrind

Reaction score
8 years ago I started getting a shit ton of calcium deposits along my gum line. And this started making my gums recede. So I guess I wasnt a good brusher and developed some other habits as well. My mom has been through what I am going through now. Maybe I got it from her through genetics... I got the habit through her too though.
To the point though. I started chipping the shit off with a sewing needle. I used some fucked up recalled Listerine toothpaste too because it really helped break the shit up. That shit also ate layers off my gums though. I hate Listerine. Doing this actually seemed to work though. My gums even started to heal. I quit with the habits!
I didnt improve my brushing however. So its back. Maybe worse. I went to the dentist for the 2nd time in my life 3 years ago. They said I have severe gum disease and they wouldnt even clean my teeth without me dropping $6000 on a gum treatment.
Im thinking about another d.i.y. round on my mouth. Atleast I brush better now. And my gums rarely bleed. Little worried about the back teeth though. Cant see where Im jabbing needles.
Has anyone else ever done this? And does anyone know what herbies that might help replace the Listerine?

JackieBlue

Reaction score
http://theherbgardener.blogspot.com/2008/01/using-herbs-for-dental-care.html

hydrogen peroxide and baking soda are great teeth cleaners. i prefer just the baking soda myself. it would be a good abrasive for you, but will make your gums bleed.

gum disease is bad fuckin news. please take care of yourself. i have a good friend who ended up with an aneurism from his gum disease. luckily after five brain surgeries he is ok now, but he was in a coma for almost a month when the aneurism was discovered.

please check out this link to see if you can find some dental help in your area. stay healthy!
http://www.freemedicalcamps.com/

Reactions: baconrind

L.C.

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
The shit your chipping of is probably tarter, it's a hard crunchy substance. Brushing might be the only thing that can help you. As said above you can die from gom disease. It is about the same as having an infected wound the size of a softball on your leg. Maybe that will give you an idea of how serious it is. Try to get welfare insurance to pay for it.

Reactions: baconrind

baconrind

Reaction score
Shit, hardened plaque, tartar, calcium deposits. Its all the same. I just pissed away my chance at brushing it off. I will look into finding a pro. I guess im in a different state so I might have better luck.

iixila

Reaction score
Website
www.iixila.blogspot.com
oka, soo:

1. To the point though. I started chipping the shit off with a sewing needle. I used some fucked up recalled Listerine toothpaste too because it really helped break the shit up. That shit also ate layers off my gums though. I hate Listerine. Doing this actually seemed to work though. My gums even started to heal. I quit with the habits!

thank fuck, i have this same thing, and i'm doing this now. i use hydrogen peroxide, too. i was getting insanely freaked out by wtf my mouth was doing. this is the first thread/anything online i've found that relates to this.

2. gum disease is bad fuckin news. please take care of yourself. i have a good friend who ended up with an aneurism from his gum disease. luckily after five brain surgeries he is ok now, but he was in a coma for almost a month when the aneurism was discovered.

^ great. fml.

baconrind

Reaction score
I know. Nothing on removing it yourself. I figured its just a bad idea or noone else had tried it. So thats why I posted. Dentists use a scraper tool so I figured what the hell. Ha Ha! Ill do your back teeth if you do mine!

Reactions: iixila
E

Earth

there is another option - get locked up, and have the prison system take care of your dental / health woes.
Some prisions will actually give one better healthcare than the poor working class slob gets on the street !!

L.C.

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
It reminds you of how frail we've become with all our advancements. I can't think of an animal that commonly dies from lack of oral care, or drinking from a natural water source.

outskirts

I ain't getting any younger.
Reaction score
It's pricey and a bitch to find but if you find some myrrh resin or better myrrh oil, that shit will fight gum disease. It's strong stuff, just a few drops of the oil work for everything from healing wounds to athletes foot and even as a deodorant. But it's gotta be real myrrh not just some knock off scented oil shit. The resin you can soak in some cheap vodka and make a tincture of myrrh with all the same uses as the oil.
Other stuff good for your gums is a plant found growing in SoCal called Yerba Santa. Just chew the dried or fresh leaves(they have a strong spicy flavor), follow that with a swish and drink of cold water and be amazed at the intense sweet taste that the Yerba Santa makes when chased with water. Indian tribes in California used this plant to keep their gums healthy. If your on the east coast along the shore try Bayberry, use the root bark or leaves to soak in some cheap vodka to make a mouthwash.

Reactions: Blu

soledad

Reaction score
Website
www.jrdnrhtjrdnrh.net
There used to be books and zines on this website. Can't seem to find them anymore. Anyway, there was a great zine I downloaded called "Primitive Toothcare - a DIY Guide to Uncivilized Oral Hygiene" by Rowan Gangulfr. Not sure if these specifc "scraping weird shit off your teeth" is covered, but probably a great start. I'm about to start using plant "toothsticks" when I have the money in a week or so.

baconrind

Reaction score
Yes sir already said I do! Already gone to the dentist. Dont have 6 grand for gum treatment BUT think I found a program here that can help me.

Bryan Paul posted some bad ass dental shit on the site, I found after making this thread too.

bcOn- goes really good with gravy.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
aK - i once bought coke that was actually flour
BP- did you make a tiny lil biscuit and call it crack?

oh tooth stuff............. baking soda and peroxide......DON'T GET ME FUCKIN STARTED ON THE GODDAMN FLOURIDE! .. IT CALCIFIES YOUR SOOOUUUUL FOR CHIST's SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
It's pricey and a bitch to find but if you find some myrrh resin or better myrrh oil, that shit will fight gum disease. It's strong stuff, just a few drops of the oil work for everything from healing wounds to athletes foot and even as a deodorant. But it's gotta be real myrrh not just some knock off scented oil shit. The resin you can soak in some cheap vodka and make a tincture of myrrh with all the same uses as the oil.
Other stuff good for your gums is a plant found growing in SoCal called Yerba Santa. Just chew the dried or fresh leaves(they have a strong spicy flavor), follow that with a swish and drink of cold water and be amazed at the intense sweet taste that the Yerba Santa makes when chased with water. Indian tribes in California used this plant to keep their gums healthy. If your on the east coast along the shore try Bayberry, use the root bark or leaves to soak in some cheap vodka to make a mouthwash.

I'm liking that myrrh oil - I can find that at my local wiccan shop - Good info - thanks!!

Sarah Streal

Reaction score
If its really that bad, you might think of trying to cross the border into Canada.
Theres free dentists that treat people if you don't have a health card.
They're actual dentists. Not just students.
I know a few kids who have crossed over for this.
Saving your mouth seems worth the risk of getting caught if it gets really bad.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads