Guess I'd better say hi and not hide.

Irish913

Reaction score
Introduce myself and not just lurk. I feel creepy enough just doing that now that I'm housed up and 40. My name's Irish and I used to travel in my 20s and early 30s. Train, hitchhike, and a car once. I guess I'm just saying hi, and I exist.

I stopped traveling after an incident in NYC and settled down in my hometown just outside of Detroit. I weld for a living and go home to teach my kids swear words. I found this place and was pretty excited to be able to catch up. I've been able to see a couple people I've known so that's rad.

Anyhow, carry on.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Very cool - glad you found us - and have been able to catch up! Personally I love the travel stories, the pics and vids and of course the urban explore here.

Love this >>> "I weld for a living and go home to teach my kids swear words. " :D

Irish913

Reaction score
Hey thanks! If I get more comfortable I'll tell everyone about the NYC incident. Pretty brutal. I've got some of it written in a group of essays I wrote from prison and a buddy of mine made a web page for. Has some traveling stories, but it's mostly prison living shit.

The page is ryanirishmartin.com if anyone's interested.

Yeah, my kids swear like welders and it's fucking adorable.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hey thanks! If I get more comfortable I'll tell everyone about the NYC incident. Pretty brutal. I've got some of it written in a group of essays I wrote from prison and a buddy of mine made a web page for. Has some traveling stories, but it's mostly prison living shit.

The page is ryanirishmartin.com if anyone's interested.

Yeah, my kids swear like welders and it's fucking adorable.

cool man, welcome to the site! feel free to contribute any stories you have, we'd love to hear them!

• Agree
Reactions: Crazy Hobo Johnny

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads