Guerilla wilderness community (1 Viewer)

OP
Rx138

Rx138

Lurker
Current Location
Salt lake city Ut
There is still room in the community for one or two more people. As we grow that will change. We are building one home at a time as to concentrate our efforts and be prepared to live out this winter in comfort.

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
Current Location
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
Is this a joke? Because up to this point your given no info and your basically called yer new camp spot a potential wilderness community. I understand not wanting to give away yer exact location of where you have a tent set up close to water and a moose, but unless this isn't all just a weird attempt at a flex you might want to give out more info or have even a general idea of what you want out of this community. Tbh from what youv posted so far it sounds like yer ambition far outweighs what yer actually capable of doing. I would love to be wrong though, I really would.

Edit: I'm no moose expert but it seems if yer new neighbor likes yer water source so do the mountain lions that eat him. I hope you and yer community are educated and prepared to defend yer tents against not only mountain lions and bears, but as I'm sure you already know moose arnt exactly calm non dangerous animals. Especially when it's time to make a baby.

Last edited:
OP
Rx138

Rx138

Lurker
Current Location
Salt lake city Ut
Thanks for the input. We are not living in tents. We are building dugout tiny homes. The main goal of our efforts is to be able to live completely free. To basically hide from the rest of the world and live unconstrained. By our own terms, by the sweat of our own efforts. Yes things are lack luster for the time being. Keep watching, things are slow in being posted but progress is being made every day.I agree that at this time it is no place to have kids or small pets. So far there are three of us and we are all more than capable and prepared for the wildlife in the area.

OP
Rx138

Rx138

Lurker
Current Location
Salt lake city Ut
So far the first home is dugout and all the major support beams are set. I will post more videos showing step by step construction. Sharing my success and failures. That way others of a like mind can use our model to build their own homes.

Qwent91

Lurker
Current Location
Tampa, Florida
There is still room in the community for one or two more people. As we grow that will change. We are building one home at a time as to concentrate our efforts and be prepared to live out this winter in comfort.
That sounds all good... Thinking about it and all that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$110.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $110.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

nearly got arrested this morning for graffiti crime! I wrote"nice toilet, five stars will shit here again" and this fucking KID who looked like a fucking boy scout wanted to arrest me !?!?!?!?!?!? did I get that drunk I woke up in north korea this morning ?
I regret to announce that I will no longer be associating myself with squat the planet due to a very deep and nuanced personal disagreement and subsequent disrespect. If you would like to get the full story, feel free to contact me directly. I will still be hosting this year's annual party as i have for the past four years.
Happy :) 8 more days till my babe is out <3
2800 k this past week or so on teh vespa!ODIN give me a medal !
Scooped up some dirty kids from the USA at walmart. Glad we caught ya's and had some time to party before you headed out. Safe travels Sasha and Meaghan! You're fucking awesome!
Lovely, and greasy... duh
Turns out, @Rhubarb Dwyer is even more handsome in person.
Watch out Australia! Tay is flying in on the 24th!
It only took three cities over three different time zones, but I finally got to meet up with @IVth. And, lemme tell ya, it was worth every mile. What a mensch!

Members online