Greyhound

briancray

Reaction score
Website
www.bikethe.us
For anyone stuck in a city and needing to use Greyhound if you have a phone with internet access make sure to buy your ticket online. I got stuck in Vegas and the kiosk the other night was 69 for a one way to Salt Lake. Checked my phone and on there site I got it for 49. Don't ask me why, but not sure if anyone else noticed this before. Figured I'd mention it.

Traveler

Reaction score
Yep, online fares are always cheaper. If you know you're going to need to ride hound a week or two in advance the tickets are even cheaper that way.

• Useful
Reactions: ByronMc

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Yeah,I can get a round trip ticket to DC & back to Rva,for $20

Reactions: Dirtbaguette

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
The news release has no date,except,in the address

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
I run into (and you have to sign up for it online) getting a percentage off if I've taken a few trips. I get a code that I have to put in online - and pay online. I normally deal in cash so this doesn't do much for me. ::bored::

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I run into (and you have to sign up for it online) getting a percentage off if I've taken a few trips. I get a code that I have to put in online - and pay online. I normally deal in cash so this doesn't do much for me. ::bored::
They have it so,you can pay cash,at a 7/11,or whatever they have near you

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
They have it so,you can pay cash,at a 7/11,or whatever they have near you

Will check that out as I have some "online" percentage" points (probably 10% savings) available to me - and I'm considering a long bus trip up the coast soon. Would be nice to use them.

Reactions: ByronMc

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Reactions: Tude

briancray

Reaction score
Website
www.bikethe.us
Give it time it will be then greyhound is gonna loose a lot of business.

I always meet the craziest fucking people at Greyhounds. It's gotten to the point where anyone that is about to approach me I immediately ask them for a dollar this way it eliminates them bothering me for change. It's cheap though so I can't complain. I've heard Megabus is better and cheaper though.

• Useful
Reactions: kriminalmisfit

briancray

Reaction score
Website
www.bikethe.us
If you have a direct route to the closest town you can actually go to the furthest route since they don't check your ticket. Only works if there are no transfers. For $15 bucks I could have gone from Denver to LA. We stopped in Frisco though since that's where I live.

Reaction score
Website
www.sebastianballard.blogspot.com
If you have a direct route to the closest town you can actually go to the furthest route since they don't check your ticket. Only works if there are no transfers. For $15 bucks I could have gone from Denver to LA. We stopped in Frisco though since that's where I live.

Yeah, the new "express" routes are super cheap have wifi and power outlets. I was close to buying one 8 hours before departure going to LA from Vegas and it would've only been $25. I bet if I would've booked it a week+ in advance it would've been $10 max. +1 To megabus, lots of leg room but limited routes.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads