Greyhound/Peter Pan is dead /Nobody rides the bus anymore | Squat the Planet

Greyhound/Peter Pan is dead /Nobody rides the bus anymore

Redd Capp

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Went to the terminal today---not a soul---not only today (t-giving) but I remeber when the greyhound stations were packed with people all the time...Richmond,Buffalo,Columbus, now many have just a few people..when rthe dog cut off service to the small towns they also cut off there bread and butter. Also they used to have red caps to tranfer bags for you now they drag them off into the muddy ground and tell them to schelp them yourselves. Amtrak on the other hand was packed to the walls today and running extra trains with commuter cars. I talked to a higher up at greyhound last year and she addmited that Greyhound is a poor red headed step sister to a much bigger corperate conglomerate called "First Group" whoes primary buisness is school bus contracts. When paying passengers get treated worse then shit faced rug rats thats a problem. At least they only have to put up with the bus for a 1/2 hour each way a day. We have to sit on the bus next to the fat lady on the cell phone for 12 hours...

• Haha
Reactions: kidbob

TheUndeadPhoenix

The Necromancer King
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
They still are pretty damned packed. It depends on where you are. And no, not many people take a bus on a holiday anymore. I take the bus now and then. I've taken a bus from NYC to COSCO and from SFCA to EPTX. They take forever and you get antsy when you're on them. You just want the ride to be over already.

Reactions: Mankini

rubetown

Reaction score
That seems weird greyhound wasn't crowded on a holiday, good for those folks who found another mode of transportation. I feel you though, I recently traveled greyhound from L.A. to new orleans in which I spent 5days in a nyquil induced half-sleep and each day there was a new delay/ layover due to the incompetence of the company. It was no surprise that they had lost my pack which they made me put under the bus because the seats were bookedup.
But which choice is better when you gotta get somewhere in somewhat of a hurry, this or scAMTRAK.
..I'd recommend nyquil

• Haha
Reactions: Mankini and kidbob

marc

Reaction score
it seems like more people are doing craigslist rideshares now than greyhound. i have a warrant in new orleans and i wanted to get a ride straight through without having to get off in gentilly or hitchhike through so i put up a add on craigslist and i have a ride from pensacola all the way to san antonio for only 40 bucks.

RSTY802510

[NERD]
Reaction score
I'm takin one soon from Newark to newyork to Boston then concord.

D

Deleted member 125

ide rather eat horse shit then ride greyhound for any long distance ever again. some mouth breather or weary knee toucher always sits next to me.

D

Deleted member 2626

fuck greyhound, raton to harrisburg was just a cluster. i wont ride it again unless i really have too. haveing a dog with "service" tags makes it stressful as hell too but greyhound just tops it off

schmutz

cooler than you
Reaction score
I've always loved bussing it, you meet some of the most interesting people that way (some of them I am still friends with 20 years later) but Greyhound has an over-inflated sense of their own worth lately....

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads