Greetings! newbie explorer | Squat the Planet

Greetings! newbie explorer

SewerOtter

Reaction score
Been lurking in the urbex for quite a while now until a month ago i finally decided to try it for my myselvs (image attached ), still quite timid with exploring certain places but i think i got the spirit xD.
Would love to meet ppl irl and explore toghter, im based around eastern peensylvania and NYC and are currently in Uni

IMG_8156-ImResizer.jpg

Ie. didn't have the strength and gear to explore the buildings but im planning to do it this weekend

Creativeusername

Reaction score
I too am definitely a lurker, haven't been here very long, but i have no experience. I'm also based here in PA, though im further west. That picture is intriguing sadly there aren't any place similar to that near me (to my knowledge at least). I think i need to probably search more.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Been lurking in the urbex for quite a while now until a month ago i finally decided to try it for my myselvs (image attached ), still quite timid with exploring certain places but i think i got the spirit xD.
Would love to meet ppl irl and explore toghter, im based around eastern peensylvania and NYC and are currently in Uni

View attachment 67987

Ie. didn't have the strength and gear to explore the buildings but im planning to do it this weekend
what's the story on that place?

SewerOtter

Reaction score
what's the story on that place?
Apperently it was made for distillary and Whiskey, been abandoned for 30 years now and i happened to find it in one of my bike rides; the place is huge, got like 12 concrete conplexe ( though unfortunately i think most of them got locked, dirt piled or concreted, at least for the ones i got to), i tried to explore a few until i almost ran into this random person walking his dog , i thought it might be security but it was a chichuachua the person was walking so it might as well be a resident (the place sets right next to a residential area, in fact you can see many of the building 10 or less meters across their yard).

Attachments

• 62ce1f2ad5aa498e8af7efad0d53f05f.jpg
    62ce1f2ad5aa498e8af7efad0d53f05f.jpg
    380.1 KB · Views: 87

SewerOtter

Reaction score
I too am definitely a lurker, haven't been here very long, but i have no experience. I'm also based here in PA, though im further west. That picture is intriguing sadly there aren't any place similar to that near me (to my knowledge at least). I think i need to probably search more.
are you near pittsburgh? that whole city is like Detroit in PA, got hundreds of abandoned places

SewerOtter

Reaction score
I am actually, though i would need to do a little bit more research as im not super familiar with the city. Most definitely has to have some good spots or at least a nice rooftop somewhere.
There's a app that i use call Abandoned world, it mark out some major places that's been visited by other ppl, i'd say its a good start to help you explore, at least for me.

darlingcpr

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Hey,

I'm in Nyc and would love to do some more urban exploring stuff around here. I've always wanted to visit the bunkers in Rockaway if you ever wanna go with a buddy! I used to do alot of urbex stuff in highschool and would like to get into it again. What are you studying?

All the best,
Nico

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads