Greetings new to site

RCshred

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hello all, I'm new to the site. I was referred to the site through a friend on FB. Names RC i'm 26, been doing what I can to get by in Nebraska for the last 15 years. I need to get outta of here lol. I want to see the world, meet new ppl, new experiences. Better than what this podunk state has to offer lol.
But I'm just stopping by to say wats up and any and all advice is 100% welcome.

RCshred

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Also forgot to mention that I am a total noob when it comes to travelling and what not. I've cruised the site a bit and it seems there is a lot to learn from many of you on here. As I am looking to try and travel as soon as possible by whatever means necessary. I'm unfamiliar with a lot of the various methods of underground transport, so it would be cool to maybe find and experienced traveler to go with.

Everymanalion

Reaction score
Where are you trying to go and what appeals to you most? Hitching? Catching out on a train? Best thing to do is just go out and do it(Other than train hopping) by yourself and learn on the fly, if you do decide you want to catch out on a train be extra careful, use common sense and half the time when you ask people questions in person they will give you bullshit answers because a decent amount of people I met on the rails were just fuckin' with me to see how much I believed so be careful as to who you trust, I would advise to hitchhike but thats my opinion, goodluck dude and be safe because whatever you do on the road reflects upon the rest of us.

RCshred

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm not looking to go anywhere specific honestly. I'm on the verge of living back on the streets where I am and I just figure why stay here. I am wanting to learn all I can. I've gone thru so much on this site since I signed up and a lot of it is what I have been looking for forever. I just dont really want to go at it by myself lol. Only because I'm alone 24/7 and it would be cool to find a traveling companion. But I will if I have too. Fortunately for me I learned to use give trust very sparingly very early on in life. So I don't tend to believe what I am told by most so hopefully this is a trait that will help in my travels.

So what I gather is that I should just pack a bag and start hitching like make a sign stating where I wanna go and try to get there. I feel a little foolish that it seems that simple but I'm starting to think I've over complicated so many aspects of life thus far and that simplicity may be the best way to go.

Thanks for that advice.

Everymanalion

Reaction score
Pack lite, head south, find out your local hitching laws(google it), use onramps, truck stops, gas stations to find rides and if you have a smart phone, post on craigslist "rideshare" section. As tacky as it sounds, remember, "Not all those who wander all lost":)

XanderMenanderer

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Where are you exactly? Im a fellow "noob" traveler though I've hitched up and down the west coast. Im more then willing to come lift you out and go to SoCal till i lift off to New Orleans. Your more then welcome to come with:] Im headed to Rainbow Gathering. Im 21 been on the streets for 4years, I know how to live on the fly, and in the bush. Got tons of friends on the west coast. Im an aspiring train hopper. But Everymanalion is right. Packlight, and dont trainhop inless you have exact dee'ts.

Reactions: Everymanalion

XanderMenanderer

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Smack dab in the middle hu :/ Im in Oregon 2 hrs from the coast. Do you have an exact time of liftoff? (when youd like to leave?)

RCshred

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Not Really Well I'm trying to get to Oregon for some work lol so its kinda Ironic haha. But I'm not looking at any specific time frame. If the job is legit and not just someone screwing with me I'm trying to make it to Portland within two weeks tops. If its not legit then i'd just want to get the heck outta Nebraska as soon as possible

XanderMenanderer

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Are you looking to travel the country? Or purely find work? Cus I'm traveling the country. I leave Friday. Im going to the east coast and back in an est. 6 months time. I dont mind coming and swooping you to the west coast. I've been stuck like that shits scary, easier to get the jist of it with a friend. But once i get you to the west and your staying, then I'm going south to socal. Your welcome to come with.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads