Greetings! Moving to the UK ASAP!

Brennan Pollock

Reaction score
Greetings!

It's a pleasure to join the site. I few things to lay out on the table as my perfunctory introduction:
1. I am an aspirant anglican priest and scholar who many would label as "quite unorthodox" though I tend to believe I am as "orthodox" as they come. I will never attempt to proselytize.
2. I currently live in Nashville, TN and would love to meet up with some folk who live in the area.
3. I am moving to the UK this year to pursue my vocation but need a place to stay. I am trying to find an avenue to acquire a visa (which I would have until I am granted a student visa once I begin studying at seminary) but would be willing to live/squat with anyone or any community that would be willing to take me in.

Thanks & Peace!

Tony Pro

Reaction score
Website
gavincwillow.wordpress.com
You'd best have some sort of visa worked out before you arrive, or they'll turn you right around at the border! UK immigration is no joke. There oughta be some sort of way to grease the wheels through a church, as evidenced by the swarms of American LDS proselytizers you find in every city and hamlet.

Check out the Facebook page 'Diggers and Dreamers'; it's a very active forum for alt communities all around the country. There are probably some faith-oriented ones as well.

Reactions: Brennan Pollock

Brennan Pollock

Reaction score
You'd best have some sort of visa worked out before you arrive, or they'll turn you right around at the border! UK immigration is no joke. There oughta be some sort of way to grease the wheels through a church, as evidenced by the swarms of American LDS proselytizers you find in every city and hamlet.

Check out the Facebook page 'Diggers and Dreamers'; it's a very active forum for alt communities all around the country. There are probably some faith-oriented ones as well.

I'm currently in the process of acquiring a visa (through some faith-based communities). I'm hoping the CoE will come through and give me some guidance.
I'm familiar with 'Diggers and Dreamers'. Wonderful site!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads