Greetings! I need your company | Squat the Planet

Greetings! I need your company

BummyBree

Reaction score
I feel like if you have no purpose, there's no point in living. I can't help but feel impatient and angered by my surroundings. We all have the common goal of being happy; I know that seeing the world and talking to new people everyday makes me happy. Nothing is holding me back from doing so anymore.
This world has a lot for me to appreciate and I'd like to do so immediately! I don't need funds or a job, I just need good vibes and one meal a day lol
I need to make the most of my life while I can. If I'm completely honest, I feel very depressed. I shouldn't. I have a great foundation with family, but travelling will change my whole state of mind. I can't do it alone... which brings me to this website ! It helped my ex when he travelled...without me !
Id like to go anywhere you want to go! Just be my road dog and I'll be great company. Help me change my life!
I am 420/ lucy friendly, don't drink much, and am ready to go. 20170426_141617.jpg

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Hi there - nice intro and welcome to STP! You have an idea where you want to go? How are you traveling? Might want to post in our roaddawg thread - looking for a fellow traveler. Do check out our equipment (and others) subforums too - good info on what you might want to bring etc. And hey good luck and go have safe fun - and see some great things!

BummyBree

Reaction score
Thank you for the pointers! I have no destination in particular. I suppose starting on the west coast and either going across to nola or up towards Canada. I'll be posting in that forum for sure. It's been awhile since I've been on STP and only just became a member. My bags remained packed! Thanks again~

sd40chef

Reaction score
Two things that have really helped me lately in regards to finding peace in an environment that attracts negative ideas/thoughts in my mind is to create clear intent in my mind for why I do anything I do, and focus on making that intent positive, beneficial to the world, etc. This helps me. And to do my best to focus on whatever brings that joy.
Making art helps me a lot to express myself. Cooking or doing things for people, surprising people with small things makes me feel good. As does cleaning garbage in cities, wherever it triggers a negative emotion seeing pollution, I try my best to counteract that negative emotion by cleaning, recycling, sorting through it. and its become a habit, almost an obsession lately. But the intent is clear to me and I feel it's right. Suppress the ego, let yourself shine.
Smiling, trying to share positive ideas and support others ideas has also helped me combat depression.
And lastly, getting into the habit of meditation, which I just started, usually morning and night, has really helped me relax and not let my emotions control me, helped control my mind from wandering in circles of negativity and confusion, finding peace of mind, and just being. Happy, free from suffering. We all deserve eternal love and compassion. We are not perfect, but we are very special and have infinite potential. I hope this helps you. All the best. Safe and happy travels. Everything is impermanant.

Z

zipty6425

Safe travels! Ive been there for sure... Still feel like I'm in the same boat to be honest... But seriously, be careful! Your young and female. There's alot of sick people out there. Hit me up if I can help. What city/state are you in?

Z

zipty6425

On second thought, it's not a good idea to tell people where you are... I've been stocked and nearly killed on a number of occasions. Keep that info private message or over the phone if possible.

• Sad
Reactions: Coywolf

BummyBree

Reaction score
Absolutely helpful. I appreciate all the advice. It really lifts my spirits and within this day I feel like I know what I need to do in this moment to feel that solace I'm so thirsty for. I love the community here and am hopeful for the future.I only joined today andr received lots of wisdom that I highly appreciate. You'll all be hearing from me to gain more knowledge!

BummyBree

Reaction score
Very valid point you make! I'll be keeping that in mind and changing that asap haha I don't want to be on the news like that!

BummyBree

Reaction score
A job opportunity jumped in front of my face and they offered me a place to stay... sounds to good to be true but I'm ready to give anything a chance.
I'll be taking notes until I'm ready to hit the road and see the world.
At least then I'll have money too! I'm a broke joke right now. Much love everyone! Thanks a millionnnn

GremIin

Reaction score
Thank you for the pointers! I have no destination in particular. I suppose starting on the west coast and either going across to nola or up towards Canada. I'll be posting in that forum for sure. It's been awhile since I've been on STP and only just became a member. My bags remained packed! Thanks again~
If you end up in Canada, send me a message! im usually there, but im in the US from july to december

tnpicker

Reaction score
Glad to hear you found work and a safe harbor, I'm almost ready to hit the road again myself...A couple more months and I'll be ready to be " ♪ on the road again ♪" . Going through all this crap and trying to figure out what to keep, what to sell, give away... It's exhausting. My daughter says I can build a 'tiny house' out of her shed in her back yard which I'm going to do so I can have a 'home base', but I'm still going to convert my minivan for me and my dog (Alaska, a white German Shepherd) I rescued from the neighbor who was taking her to the pound.... She makes good company. I decided to leave my motorcycle at my daughters for now, but who knows I might get the hankering to feel the breeze on my knees and the air in my hair. I got a lot of old road dog friends 'left overs' from the old commune days of the early 70's I'm looking forward to seeing again and they live from Florida to Montana, Washington, Vermont, California.... Yea, I might be ramblin' for a while..... Be safe, Be kind and if I see ya, I'll give you a holler and a cup of coffee. I'm new to this site, I couldn't find where to just post, it kept asking to name a 'valid recipient'.... I don't really know anyone on here yet.....So, please forgive me as I don't mean to hijack your post... Best of luck to you and stay safe!!!

awkwardshelby

Reaction score
Website
shelbycriswell.com
A job opportunity jumped in front of my face and they offered me a place to stay... sounds to good to be true but I'm ready to give anything a chance.
I'll be taking notes until I'm ready to hit the road and see the world.
At least then I'll have money too! I'm a broke joke right now. Much love everyone! Thanks a millionnnn

Glad you found work and a space to dwell! If you ever do feel unsafe tho, get the hell outta there as far as you can. Your safety is much more important than money. Some people will honestly help you out in any way they can if you tell them your situation

Reactions: BummyBree

BummyBree

Reaction score
Thank you ! Most definitely im nervous as hell for the trip and trying to raise the funds to leave by the end of this week.. but the nerves are like a high.I appreciate all the good wishes from you guys ♡♡♡

Reactions: sd40chef

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads