Greetings from southcentral rural minnesota | Squat the Planet

Greetings from southcentral rural minnesota

waywardonward

Reaction score
Hello travelers. I'm Ymer, long time lurker of stp but I hope becoming more active on the site will lead me to getting more out of it. I'm from Southeast Michigan originally but serendipity caused me to make a home in south central Minnesota where I hole up every Winter, and everywhere else a home during the Summer. I have been to half the states in the Union and will not rest until I have seen all of them. Nor will I rest after I have either. I don't see a point to life other than experiencing as much as you can and seeing as much of the world as you can. You're only guaranteed the one life and it could end tomorrow. Drive it like you stole it, right?

MFB

Reaction score
Welcome Ymer!
Im curious to where your avatar was taken?
Is that outside of Moab?

Also. You can skip IA and IN. In my opinion.

Reactions: LuckyMinnie

waywardonward

Reaction score
Welcome Ymer!
Im curious to where your avatar was taken?
Is that outside of Moab?

Also. You can skip IA and IN. In my opinion.
Sure is. Took this picture in Arches natl. park right before hitching a ride in the bed of a truck past the park's great wall.
Already gone through Iowa and Indiana. Currently have no reasons why I would want to return lol

MFB

Reaction score
Such a magical place.
One of my favorite places to eat mushrooms.
I ran my first 50miler jus south of Moab in Behind the Rocks. Twas amazing.

There's a lot of really excellent petroglyphs and old dwellings from the puebloan era in that area if anyone is nerdy about native American stuff.

MFB

Reaction score
Damn. Hate for Indiana!
I'm about to leave here, so I obviously don't have that much love for it.
Welcome to stp and good luck getting those 50 and more!
No hate! IN produced my favorite write ever! And the great Eugene Debs.
Lots of great hoosiers, just not a lot to see or do there.

When I was young, due to an odd series of circumstances, I lived in Richmond IN for a year. It was an odd place. Just very bland in all aspects. Good corn though. 😂

Bushpig

Reaction score
Indianapolis isn't bad. I've lived a few places and this place is decent. I've seen some of my favorite concerts here (anybody ever see Peelander-Z live? Most fun shows I've ever been to) and there are some great museums and such. Pretty fucking flat though. Boring landscapes unless you go to Brown County or something.

Reactions: waywardonward

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
welcome to the community @waywardonward! maybe we'll see you in the wednesday voice chat sometime?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads