Greetings from Lithuania with smiles~! (1 Viewer)

vilikas55

Lurker
Current Location
Lithuania
Hello!

I'm from Lithuania, southernmost of the Baltic states in the center of Europe. Came here to begin my long long research about freight-hopping culture in Europe, with hopes to one day depart for such adventure myself. Always been fascinated with travelling on board of a train, and only recently did I thought about more adventurous way... Honestly I'm really bad at introductions, never know what to mention in these... I'm at my early 20s, currently studying Biomechanical Engineering. I can play guitar decently, so I guess I like music... mostly rock I guess... Ooh I also love food, lol who doesn't. Nice chunk of cooked meat can make my day, but living among vegetarians makes life just a bit harder than I want it to be... Gosh this is hard, I guess you could say, that I just try to be a better guy than I was the day before. OH, and I love a good story, tell me some please! :)

Regards

Reactions: 6 people
Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

SoloDrifter1980

I deleted myself
Current Location
Ripon, California
Website
www.youtube.com
Hello!

I'm from Lithuania, southernmost of the Baltic states in the center of Europe. Came here to begin my long long research about freight-hopping culture in Europe, with hopes to one day depart for such adventure myself. Always been fascinated with travelling on board of a train, and only recently did I thought about more adventurous way... Honestly I'm really bad at introductions, never know what to mention in these... I'm at my early 20s, currently studying Biomechanical Engineering. I can play guitar decently, so I guess I like music... mostly rock I guess... Ooh I also love food, lol who doesn't. Nice chunk of cooked meat can make my day, but living among vegetarians makes life just a bit harder than I want it to be... Gosh this is hard, I guess you could say, that I just try to be a better guy than I was the day before. OH, and I love a good story, tell me some please! :)

Regards
Welcome, there's a lot of things there where you are at that would spark interest, could share what you know about your region and culture. I'm a transient from the State's and hop train's here it's definitely a memorable experience but I would highly recommend to find an experienced rider to give you your first few tours. One thing to get head knowledge another to get hand's on... good luck and safe travels.

OP
vilikas55

vilikas55

Lurker
Current Location
Lithuania
Welcome, there's a lot of things there where you are at that would spark interest, could share what you know about your region and culture. I'm a transient from the State's and hop train's here it's definitely a memorable experience but I would highly recommend to find an experienced rider to give you your first few tours. One thing to get head knowledge another to get hand's on... good luck and safe travels.
Hopping trains is not something I am planning to do in near future. I have a lot of responsibilities right now, and this has to wait. Until then, I am going to try and find likeminded people, learn as much about safety as I can and hope to know alot until I am finally able to do the trip.

Religion and culture is kind of touchy spot but lemme tell you something. I come from Lithuania, which almost 30 years ago liberated from Soviet Union oppression and became independant after long years of occupation. Now when you think about the damage done to our culture and world outlook, 30 years is nearly nothing to mend it... Just like most countries who suffered same fate, we Lithuanians are really closed up people, hardly accepting outsiders and always minding our own business... You won't see people randomly smiling in the streets... However the situation is getting better, as I don't see people of my age behaving so, and can clearly agree that we are opening up to the world more and more as the time goes on. This i can say about culture in OUR country, and it's not my personality :)

And here's the story of my religious journeys. When I was younger I decided that I want to start attending church, and got baptised at the age of 10 (parents were really supportive although they were never baptised and had no influence over my choices... I guess it was my inquisitive nature). Later as i grew up a bit (exactly 4 to 6 years later) I really understood that I never truly believed in god more than I wanted to. I guess I was just looking for some kind of entity to trust to guide me, when all the time I was and am the only one guiding myself. However although I don't believe that there is omnipotent Architect up there, I am very fascinated on what religion was used to achieve. All the civilization that we see now, EVERYTHING, throughout the history connects to one link called "religion". I know some anthropologists who I can really discuss these things, we sometimes spend half a day on semi-retarded topics like controversial theories and what not...

Reactions: 4 people

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Hey there, welcome to the community! We have a ton of info, so use the search, and check out our resources section. I'd love to hear some stories of what it's like out that way, I'm somewhat interested in becoming an e-citizen of estonia if they open up visas for that this year.

Reactions: 1 person
OP
vilikas55

vilikas55

Lurker
Current Location
Lithuania
Hey there, welcome to the community! We have a ton of info, so use the search, and check out our resources section. I'd love to hear some stories of what it's like out that way, I'm somewhat interested in becoming an e-citizen of estonia if they open up visas for that this year.
I have never had the pleasure to visit estonia... People there have funny names and funny accents, and it is said that it's one of the least corrupt countries in the world. But that's about all I know.

Rosy Rose

Lurker
Current Location
Miami Beach
Hello!

Regards[/QUO
Hello!

Regards
greetings from the Conch Republic aka the Florida Keys. I’ve yet to visit the Baltic region but I’d like to one day. Do u know the story of Mariken of Nijmegen who heard the devil calling to her... have u been to the Netherlands? Nijmegen is a curious place, said Alice...

OP
vilikas55

vilikas55

Lurker
Current Location
Lithuania
greetings from the Conch Republic aka the Florida Keys. I’ve yet to visit the Baltic region but I’d like to one day. Do u know the story of Mariken of Nijmegen who heard the devil calling to her... have u been to the Netherlands? Nijmegen is a curious place, said Alice...
Heello good Sir/Mam.

Sorry for not replying in such a long time.

Conch republic really sounds exotic and I've never heard of it. Tell us mroe about it :)!
Didnt hear about the story either, I'm gonna read it up right now! In fact I had the pleasure to visit Netherlands, and of all places I visited I'd say I had the best time there meeting new people.

Willis

Current Location
Wales
my brother once went to kaunas for some reason. said the beer was good but the soup was too fatty :p

OP
vilikas55

vilikas55

Lurker
Current Location
Lithuania
my brother once went to kaunas for some reason. said the beer was good but the soup was too fatty :p
Honestly I never have the funds to visit restaurants here apart from fast food, so I wouldn't know. As for the beer I can proudly say that we do have few beers of amazing quality.

troublefunk

Current Location
Chester, United Kingdom
Heeey i'm from the UK but been visiting Lithuania and Latvia since 2001 and i love both places.Vilnius is beautiful and when my LT mates took me to Nida for the first time WOW! I couldnt believe that this was Eastern Europe...amazing.
I'm still great mates with the guys and gals over there.Its changed a lot from 2001 huh?

OP
vilikas55

vilikas55

Lurker
Current Location
Lithuania
Heeey i'm from the UK but been visiting Lithuania and Latvia since 2001 and i love both places.Vilnius is beautiful and when my LT mates took me to Nida for the first time WOW! I couldnt believe that this was Eastern Europe...amazing.
I'm still great mates with the guys and gals over there.Its changed a lot from 2001 huh?
It has changed somewhat (i guess). I don't really remember all that much from 2001, so I can't really say, but the district that I live in changed alot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$540.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $200.00 of $200.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

VampireFreaks.com is closing it's website on Fed 1st 2020, after 20 years of being the home for "alternative" social networking. They will continue the con and the online store, but the site and forum will be laid to rest.
Love my bike polo family: keep my ass grounded and in a healthy mental status!
Grilled Mental anguish over lack of will to do what need done. Served bland on a bed of fuck yourself over... self destruction recipes like momma used to make!
Meditated in the woods today. Decided to start doing this weekly while I continue to research and buy camping gear, so that I can get used to being actually in the forest, which carries with it varying temperatures and so many God damn bugs.
It's always nice to see fireflies again..
Feelin' dat circus magic yo
Just saw a bunch of church kids run across the street screaming JAY WALKIN FOR JESUS
Separating , what I need and what the Gods And Goddesses will soon bless me with ... HER magic ....
ibuzzard wrote on quad8's profile.
Really hope you aren’t posting some anti-semitic B.S.?
[short Hail Mary re-write I did]
Come and get me, mate
If you motherfuckers want quad 8
If Stobe was still drinking booze, he would never ride with Jew
Na na-na-na na-na-na-na

Get off that 8
'Cuz it's time to set your punk-ass straight
It's STP here now, steve-0 got it down and locked
la la-la-la la-la-la-locked

"Now I return to my regular self, and have fun again!" :)

Staff online