Greetings from Canada

jonnyarlathotep

Reaction score
Figured i'd introduce myself,
I'll just give a Quick lil personal history i guess, i was a system kid group homes and institutions and grew up on the streets . i had alot of fun running around on the streets and above all odds i put myself through college and made i nice little life for myself except this nice little life sucks sh!t, oh sure i have things and stuff, computers and phones, personal gym and heavybag a king size bed.......and i live across the street from the rail way tracks, i often hear the CN rail come through at 1 or 2 in the morning grinding and stopping and often wonder where they are going...sometimes those trains sit out there for a few hours and i imagine i'd hop on one and just go wherever it takes me (i've been day dreaming for 3 years since i moved in here) i look around at all this shit I've accumulated and realize how unsatisfying it is (i suffer from Fernweh really bad) I've done a coast to coast Newfoundland to BC trip a few times by bus and regular train over the last decade, but then it's back to the "real world" (if that's what this is). anyway i was watching youtube videos on Freight hoping and i had read about pooles land out in tofino BC and came across the site while reading Vice or something and figured i'd check it out. i just finished making a bugout bag but i keep staring at the thing and thinking about that train outside.....i miss adventure, i miss being carefree. I've been living this lie-f for 20 years and really i think it's time to pack it in pack it up...move out move on, so i guess i'm looking for tips tricks advice, places to go place's similar to pooles land, I've read about fruit picking and tree planting in BC so suggestions, traveling companions, cross boarder rail hoping, whatever i'm open to whatever......thinking i'll be heading out may/june

Reactions: Vulture

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads