Greetings and whatnot ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ | Squat the Planet

Greetings and whatnot ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ

Sakuya Izayoi

Reaction score
Currently residing in Utah but native from Colorado, hoping to learn from the wisdom of others here. My actual first experience with homelessness had been at around 13 when my mother parted from my father forcing us both into the streets oddly enough. We one of the first weeks in winter out on the street, bloody cold and we couldn't find shelter given no one would take a father with a teenage daughter as most shelters were men's only or women and young children only. It was awhile but a Catholic Charity took us both in while my father waited for section 8 housing. Either way it was an interesting experience, there was an air of some freedom to it even if aspects of weather and where to be or go were a concern.

Though it's been a long while since then, have been on and off the road. Sometimes settling as a hermit, sometimes wandering. I generally keep to myself but am happy to get to know members here. Main point of interest is picking up more skills, sometimes working for room and board.

Reactions: Crazy Hobo Johnny

Cheeseburger

Reaction score
Currently residing in Utah but native from Colorado, hoping to learn from the wisdom of others here. My actual first experience with homelessness had been at around 13 when my mother parted from my father forcing us both into the streets oddly enough. We one of the first weeks in winter out on the street, bloody cold and we couldn't find shelter given no one would take a father with a teenage daughter as most shelters were men's only or women and young children only. It was awhile but a Catholic Charity took us both in while my father waited for section 8 housing. Either way it was an interesting experience, there was an air of some freedom to it even if aspects of weather and where to be or go were a concern.

Though it's been a long while since then, have been on and off the road. Sometimes settling as a hermit, sometimes wandering. I generally keep to myself but am happy to get to know members here. Main point of interest is picking up more skills, sometimes working for room and board.
Hiya! Cheese here, pleased to meet your acquaintance!! I'm in Utah currently, but not for long, I'm basically ready to hit the road just waiting on a few more things. Anywho, anything I can help with advice, convo. Road/adventure pal, just say it! 🤘👊

Sakuya Izayoi

Reaction score
Hiya! Cheese here, pleased to meet your acquaintance!! I'm in Utah currently, but not for long, I'm basically ready to hit the road just waiting on a few more things. Anywho, anything I can help with advice, convo. Road/adventure pal, just say it! 🤘👊
Pleasure to meet you Cheese, I'll be sure to ask! Hell I even have a question right now. I'm more used to bumming rides in Colorado but I managed to get one here a year or so ago. What's the status for hitchhiking out of Utah these days? Any experience train hopping?

Cheeseburger

Reaction score
Pleasure to meet you Cheese, I'll be sure to ask! Hell I even have a question right now. I'm more used to bumming rides in Colorado but I managed to get one here a year or so ago. What's the status for hitchhiking out of Utah these days? Any experience train hopping?
Hitching in far and few in between. Most peeps around here won't pick ya up, but if your on a backwoods country road you got a better chance. Trains, I've hopped one, but I prefer the leathertramp way, I like to take my time and see mother nature at its most vulnerable.

Sakuya Izayoi

Reaction score
Hitching in far and few in between. Most peeps around here won't pick ya up, but if your on a backwoods country road you got a better chance. Trains, I've hopped one, but I prefer the leathertramp way, I like to take my time and see mother nature at its most vulnerable.
Indeed, one's legs often are reliable even if it means slowing down and stopping to smell the roses. Hiked any trails about here? I've been to Antelope Island before, place was beautiful. Bison abounded though my BF didn't want to go down to the waters because he complained about the little clear shrimp prawn things and sand being so fine it's hard to get out of stuff.

Cheeseburger

Reaction score
Indeed, one's legs often are reliable even if it means slowing down and stopping to smell the roses. Hiked any trails about here? I've been to Antelope Island before, place was beautiful. Bison abounded though my BF didn't want to go down to the waters because he complained about the little clear shrimp prawn things and sand being so fine it's hard to get out of stuff.
I've hiked 60% of salt lake mountains, Mount Olympus, bells canyon, cedar fort, city creek canyon...there's alot around to hike. I'm pretty much mountaned out, need some forest in my life, redwoods, sequoias, and bears oh my! Lol, tiny shrimp aren't that scary...just teasing. Lol

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads